[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 temperature's high

senaganteng

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
i just bought ryzen 5 3600 with b450 aorus elite yesterday, temperature while browsing is kinda hot, its ranging between 50-55c, and while gaming modern warfare it reach 80c but avg at 77, is that normal?? and i already use cryorig H7,, my case is nzxt h500i with 1 exhaust 1 intake since theres no difference at all installing another 2 intake..
im using dual monitor if that's makes difference..

so, is it normal for cpu to reach 80c while gaming with aftermarket heatsink?

winks42

Respectable
Is there any overclock on your CPU? I have a cryorig h7 also and have to keep my 9700k at base clock so it doesn’t go over 80,its fine if it reaches 80 but for continuous use, mid 70s and below would be ideal.

senaganteng

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
Is there any overclock on your CPU? I have a cryorig h7 also and have to keep my 9700k at base clock so it doesn’t go over 80,its fine if it reaches 80 but for continuous use, mid 70s and below would be ideal.
no, everything is in stock setting, just turning on the xmp profile..

WildCard999

Titan
hwmonitor, and my room temp is betwen 25-26
Try monitoring with Ryzen Master to double check those temps.
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

If the temps are correct with both programs then double check that you mounted the H7 properly as it comes with the mounting hardware for most sockets and that the correct amount of thermal paste was applied (grain of rice).

Solution

senaganteng

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
Try monitoring with Ryzen Master to double check those temps.
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

If the temps are correct with both programs then double check that you mounted the H7 properly as it comes with the mounting hardware for most sockets and that the correct amount of thermal paste was applied (grain of rice).
okay i just installed ryzen master and nzxt cam, it turns out my avg while playing modern warfare is around 62-65c,, but theres still 1 thing thats confuse me,, in a match, my cpu would never go beyond 65c, but right after the match is over it suddenly spiked to 77c for about 1 minute or so,, idk is it the game or some weird software issues/glitch..

i would redo paste on cooler and made sure it is well seated on cpu base and check if fans speed up as temp go higher you could also use hwinfo sensor page for readings .
well, it turn out to be hwmonitor isnt reading it just right...

TRENDING THREADS