Jul 2, 2020
I've just bought parts and built my first pc. These are the parts:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gtx 1650 super
G skill 16gb running at 3600mhz
ASRock b450m steel legend
Gamemax 650w 80+ bronze

Everything is working olright,
Then when I started gaming with nfs heat the temps reached 90c and started stuttering
I leave my case open, it has 4 stock fans , three in front one in back.
Any fixes to this heating problem

Solution
There's multiple factors that change airflow characteristics. One of the best airflow cases is the fractal design Meshify C. It has 3x intakes and a single 120mm exhaust. What it also has is a closed top, no fan vent unless you remove the silencer cover.

The why is easy, if you understand how a fan works. The blades are pitched, when it travels through airspace, it creates a low pressure zone right behind it, the byproduct being the air pushed out the back of the fan. Faster the blade moves, stronger the low pressure area. But, air is air, and the further away from source you get, weaker it is, so the strongest draw of low pressure is closest to the fan.

Which is almost always parked at rear exhaust and almost all cases nowadays...
Ryzen 5 3600
Gtx 1650 super
Gamemax 650w 80+ bronze

Then when I started gaming with nfs heat the temps reached 90c and started stuttering
With proper airflow, leaving your case open is worse than leaving it closed. Leaving it closed, the cool intake air is allowed to push the warm air out. Are you sure you installed the CPU cooler correctly?

Reactions: Dexter9995

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Ryzen 5 3600
Gtx 1650 super
Gamemax 650w 80+ bronze

Bro stock cooler runs hot, and if you have high ambient temperature then the load temperature will be near 90, mine hit 85 plus, later after installing custom tower cooler I could see a 10 - 12 deg difference. I have the same spec so just change the cpu cooler.

Jul 2, 2020
With proper airflow, leaving your case open is worse than leaving it closed. Leaving it closed, the cool intake air is allowed to push the warm air out. Are you sure you installed the CPU cooler correctly?
Yeah it's installed correctly, any process to check the installation ?
Afterwards I installed AMD ryzen master and chipset drivers changed power plan to ryzen balanced now seems to run fine haven't seen 90 temp again.
Any other tips

Jul 2, 2020
Bro stock cooler runs hot, and if you have high ambient temperature then the load temperature will be near 90, mine hit 85 plus, later after installing custom tower cooler I could see a 10 - 12 deg difference. I have the same spec so just change the cpu cooler.
Afterwards I installed AMD ryzen master and chipset drivers changed power plan to ryzen balanced power plan seems to run fine haven't seen 90 temp again. Try this also

Reactions: coolraveen

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Afterwards I installed AMD ryzen master and chipset drivers changed power plan to ryzen balanced power plan seems to run fine haven't seen 90 temp again. Try this also
Yes bro i use AMD ryzen master for measuring temperature, and ryzen balanced for power as you said but changing the CPU cooler did the trick for me. My ambient temperature is high so had to change the cooler

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Ryzen 5 3600
Gtx 1650 super
Gamemax 650w 80+ bronze

If you haven't overclocked then 90C is way too high so you might need to reinstall the heatsink fan block and reply paste but not too much.

FusionsParadox

Honorable
Mar 21, 2015
Hi Dexter9995,

I have an AMD Ryzen 9 3950x, and AMD recommends and AIO (All in One) water cooler or a good air cooler for this one. I would recommend a good water cooler. I like Corsar. NZXT does a nice job, but their software gives information to them. If you prefer air cooling, I would look at the Noctua NH-U145 (should be compatible). Either will keep your temps much lower. I overclocked all cores of my 3950x to a comfortable 4.2GHz and it runs around 43C just having my programs open. This is with a beefy video card as well (EVGA 2080Ti), which probably contributes to the higher temps. Under stress testing, I don't hit over 74C at 100% on all 16 cores.

Another thing you may want to consider, and I can look it up as well. Some motherboards are running the voltage high on some settings. There are some things I'm not sure apply to your motherboard and CPU, but you may want to look into them. On YouTube Jayztwocents - "Is Your Motherboard Trying to Damage Your Ryzen CPU?", and "Overclocking with a stock air cooler", even if you are not going to overclock, are good videos. He shows (and I has the same motherboard that I'm using. I believe this has been fixed on my motherboard in a new BIOS, but I caught a couple of other voltage settings going higher as well. Check it out and if you have any questions, I would be happy to look into your particular CPU voltage specs and motherboard to see if there may be an issue. I have an ASUS motherboard. I previously had an ASRock motherboard. Those two are my favorite MB brands! So I saw this and thought, check the voltage settings. Your motherboard could be using more voltage than your CPU needs. I don't know, because I would have to see your motherboard work and what it is trying to use.

Hope this helps!

7:43 / 18:52

Is your motherboard trying to damage your Ryzen CPU?

Reactions: Dexter9995
Jul 2, 2020
Hi Dexter9995,

I have an AMD Ryzen 9 3950x, and AMD recommends and AIO (All in One) water cooler or a good air cooler for this one. I would recommend a good water cooler. I like Corsar. NZXT does a nice job, but their software gives information to them. If you prefer air cooling, I would look at the Noctua NH-U145 (should be compatible). Either will keep your temps much lower. I overclocked all cores of my 3950x to a comfortable 4.2GHz and it runs around 43C just having my programs open. This is with a beefy video card as well (EVGA 2080Ti), which probably contributes to the higher temps. Under stress testing, I don't hit over 74C at 100% on all 16 cores.

Another thing you may want to consider, and I can look it up as well. Some motherboards are running the voltage high on some settings. There are some things I'm not sure apply to your motherboard and CPU, but you may want to look into them. On YouTube Jayztwocents - "Is Your Motherboard Trying to Damage Your Ryzen CPU?", and "Overclocking with a stock air cooler", even if you are not going to overclock, are good videos. He shows (and I has the same motherboard that I'm using. I believe this has been fixed on my motherboard in a new BIOS, but I caught a couple of other voltage settings going higher as well. Check it out and if you have any questions, I would be happy to look into your particular CPU voltage specs and motherboard to see if there may be an issue. I have an ASUS motherboard. I previously had an ASRock motherboard. Those two are my favorite MB brands! So I saw this and thought, check the voltage settings. Your motherboard could be using more voltage than your CPU needs. I don't know, because I would have to see your motherboard work and what it is trying to use.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your response
I'm a newbie, what all info do you need I'll post em .

7:43 / 18:52

Is your motherboard trying to damage your Ryzen CPU?
I'm kin

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's multiple factors that change airflow characteristics. One of the best airflow cases is the fractal design Meshify C. It has 3x intakes and a single 120mm exhaust. What it also has is a closed top, no fan vent unless you remove the silencer cover.

The why is easy, if you understand how a fan works. The blades are pitched, when it travels through airspace, it creates a low pressure zone right behind it, the byproduct being the air pushed out the back of the fan. Faster the blade moves, stronger the low pressure area. But, air is air, and the further away from source you get, weaker it is, so the strongest draw of low pressure is closest to the fan.

Which is almost always parked at rear exhaust and almost all cases nowadays have a top fan vent directly above it. Guess where the rear exhaust is going to get a good chunk of its air from. Not the case, but that fan vent. So the rear exhaust is only half as effective as it could be. Which leaves a lot of heat in the case.

It's impossible to cool something lower than ambient temps by mechanical means. And an aircooler is most definitely mechanical. Not chemical. As your case gets warmer, the ambient air of the cooler gets warmer air, not outside temps, but inside temps, making the cooler less efficient. Cpu gets warmer under loads.

Air FLOW is what's important, plenty in, plenty out, in a nice straight stream. If not using top fans, cover the holes, force the rear exhaust to pull out case air, and it's heat, to be resupplied by cooler outside air from the intakes.

Just drop a book on top, temporarily cover any holes, see how that changes cpu/gpu temps overall, remove obstructions like unused hdd cages from intake area, force the pc to do what you want, not what it wants to do.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS