[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 temps bit too high for my taste

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Well i've just built myself new rig with Ryz 3600,and i might be overthinking,but it looks to me like this is a bit too high temp for 10% load,even tho im using stock cooler...

Solution
Hmphh i've saw lot people complaining about stock cooler on Ryz 3600
I wonder tho because i wanted to upgrade my cpu cooler to Coolermaster MasterLiquid ML360R RGB,would that help to surpress CPU temps down significantly,or you got better suggestion for me maybe?
I have the same CPU with the stock cooler so I have been considering upgrading the cooler. The stock one is working for me ok at the moment in that it allows the CPU to boost up to 4.2GHz when it needs to so I haven't bothered yet.

The coolers I have looked at are:
Scythe Fuma 2 (not available in my country at the moment)
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B
Cryorig R1 Ultimate (bit expensive and large)
Noctua U12A (very expensive)
BeQuiet Dark Rock Slim
Noctua NH-D15S
Aug 11, 2020
Are you trying to overclock your cpu? The core voltage is really high and the temps are also kind of high, when your pc is idle you should have 30 C to 46 C thats probably why you are better off not overclocking it. Reply so I could try to help

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Are you trying to overclock your cpu? The core voltage is really high and the temps are also kind of high, when your pc is idle you should have 30 C to 46 C thats probably why you are better off not overclocking it. Reply so I could try to help
Nope bro i havent touched a single thing in bios(expect activating xmp for ram) ever since i've built it,and that was like 5 days ago,and also i dont want to do any overclocking,im really satisfied with stock speed...

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
It looks normal to me for the stock cooler. The voltage at low load is high with these chips, it is nothing to worry about
I wonder tho because i wanted to upgrade my cpu cooler to Coolermaster MasterLiquid ML360R RGB,would that help to surpress CPU temps down significantly,or you got better suggestion for me maybe?

Aug 11, 2020
Nope bro i havent touched a single thing in bios(expect activating xmp for ram) ever since i've built it,and that was like 5 days ago,and also i dont want to do any overclocking,im really satisfied with stock speed...
I mean I kind of had the same problem as you which i think is caused by turbo boost, so what i did to fix it was to download amd chipset drivers from their website. Then selected amd balanced power plan, change plan settings, changed advanced power settings, go to processor power management, minimum processor management change it between 5 to 20% doesnt really matter, and change maximum processor state to 99. This is going to kind of turn off turbo boost and change your ghz to 3.5 which is a little worse than turbo boost but if temps matter for you this lowered my temps since my temps were usually 50 C when idle and 70 C when gaming now after this change my temps are 39 C when idle and 55 maximum when gaming. Turning off the turbo boost doesnt really affect performance a lot in games that are mostly gpu but when i play valorant with turbo boost i get 220 maximum but without it i get 200. It depends if the game requires a lot of cpu. Choose what you like low temps or performance. What is weird is your voltage which is 1.5, mine is 1.2 even with turbo boost.

Aug 11, 2020
Upgrading a cooler is always a good idea but message me and see if i could help you

I have the same CPU with the stock cooler so I have been considering upgrading the cooler. The stock one is working for me ok at the moment in that it allows the CPU to boost up to 4.2GHz when it needs to so I haven't bothered yet.

The coolers I have looked at are:
Scythe Fuma 2 (not available in my country at the moment)
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B
Cryorig R1 Ultimate (bit expensive and large)
Noctua U12A (very expensive)
BeQuiet Dark Rock Slim
Noctua NH-D15S

Solution

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
I had a similar problem with my r5 2600.Well it idled fine but when gaming it was 82c.

One thing to check is your powerplan usually after you install chipset it changed to amd or balance powerplan but it doesn't always change process management.

Control panel>power option>AMD or balance power plan>processor power power management>Minimum process state if it's 100% set it to 5% otherwise it max boost permanently.