[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 too hot.

May 24, 2020
Okay I’ve seen many posts in the forum about the temps on the Ryzen 3600 CPUs and they solve many problems other than mine, so I reseated all my components the other day as I was having another issue and possibly still am with my new computer (can check my other thread if you want to help pls) and i put my stock AMD stealth cooler back on my CPU and screwed it down evenly as I was taught to do.

I noticed when I was downloading games from origin my cpu temps would go up to 55-65 degrees Celsius and to me even though Ryzens are hot that’s too hot, before my temps if I can remember were like 32-38 degrees Celsius, is there any explanation of why it’s hot when downloading game’s ? Or have I messed up the thermal paste on the cooler when reinstalling it ?.

I am looking at getting a Corsair H60 liquid cooler as I want to try and keep my temps down on my CPU, I know in some cases fan cooling can be better but I don’t want the noise as my case fans are rather loud at the moment and of course my the aesthetic of the liquid cooler tickles my fancy but if anyone has any recommendations for cooking for the Ryzen 3600 CPU in terms of cooling.

if anyone has any ideas if Me removing the cooler And possibly messing up the thermal paste could have cause my idle temps to het higher then let me know thanks :).

May 24, 2020
Did you change the thermal paste? You can't reuse it, you know...
Yes unfortunately I did reuse the compound (I know you can’t reuse compound) it’s only a 20 ish day old system so I thought it would be okay but I’m and idiot and going to get a new cooler ASAP and get rid of the stock cooler and apply better quality compound anyway thank you for the reply :)

Yes unfortunately I did reuse the compound (I know you can’t reuse compound) it’s only a 20 ish day old system so I thought it would be okay but I’m and idiot and going to get a new cooler ASAP and get rid of the stock cooler and apply better quality compound anyway thank you for the reply :)
The problem is not the age, it's the formation of bubbles if the compound doesn't cover the heat sink base uniformly.

May 24, 2020
Did you change the thermal paste? You can't reuse it, you know...
Also if you have a moment could you read my other thread on my issue on my PC (has been okay since I reinstalled all the drivers and windows again and updated the bios) but it did do the same thing that it was doing before I reinstalled everything once but hasn’t done it in about 24 hours now but it would be nice to have someone else’s opinion :)

May 24, 2020
Ryzen 3600 run hot get used to it an H60 is a step backwards H100 or above but have to be AM4 compatible.
My Corsair case (Corsair 110R) at the top and rear fan mounts can only fit 120/140mm rads but the front can fit 240+ rads and I was wondering if it should be okay to mount it at the front, the hoses will probably run across the memory but it should reach ?? That’s the reason I was looking at the H60 as it’s a 120mm rad, are there any 120mm liquid coolers that would be an adequate upgrade ??

TRENDING THREADS