[SOLVED] ryzen 5 3600 turbo boost on idle

Jan 22, 2020
Just bought a 3600 first thing i did was to benchmark it on cinebench r20. CPU runs at 3.90-3.85 GHz during %100 load with a max of 82 Celcius with stock cooler, on idle even the chrome isn't open CPU goes 4.1-4.19 GHz with 50-60C is there a reason for this? Also cooler fan is too loud even on idle. I have the ryzen app but didn't see an option to change the fan speed any way I can do this without going to BIOS? Is the temperature too hot for stock cooler my intel was always at 55C so 82C is kinda scary.

GPU: 1080ti
Ram: 2x2133MHz CL14
Cinebench score : 3401

dAtMQrX.png

WdIRzeJ.png

Solution
Under minimum processor power state set it to 10-20 percent if it is staying at a higher ghz even at idle.

No do NOT do that! that makes the processor stop performing as designed. Leave it at 99% as AMD left it.

One of the major benefits of Ryzen 3000 is it's superior power management with making decisions when to put the processor into C6 deep sleep or boost to maximum clocks at up to 1mS intervals, way faster than Windows can do it. Putting it at 99% basically tells Windows to not get in the way of that and don't try to manage power on the processor.

Ryzen 3000 processors boost at idle to highest clocks to get work done fast and go back into C6 deep sleep. That's perfectly normal.
Check what power plan in windows.
If the Ryzen balanced power plan isn't listed then updated the the the Amd chipset drivers from Amd.
The select ryzen power plan
Under processor power management
Under minimum processor power state set it to 10-20 percent if it is staying at a higher ghz even at idle.
Setting the percentage will allow the cores to relax on idle.

No do NOT do that! that makes the processor stop performing as designed. Leave it at 99% as AMD left it.

One of the major benefits of Ryzen 3000 is it's superior power management with making decisions when to put the processor into C6 deep sleep or boost to maximum clocks at up to 1mS intervals, way faster than Windows can do it. Putting it at 99% basically tells Windows to not get in the way of that and don't try to manage power on the processor.

Ryzen 3000 processors boost at idle to highest clocks to get work done fast and go back into C6 deep sleep. That's perfectly normal.

Solution