[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 vs 3600x

Biggy Cent

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
So I’m upgrading my CPU and switching from Intel to AMD. I currently have an i5 3570k. I’m wanting to know other than the base clock speed are there really any major differences in these 2 CPUs? The 3600x is on sale right now for $200 and the 3600 is $175. Wanting to know which is going to be better for gaming if there really is a big difference.

Solution
Main differences:

The Ryzen 5 3600x includes a Wraith Spire stock cooler. Boost to 4.4ghz under the right conditions.
The Ryzen 5 3600 includes a Wraith Stealth stock cooler. Boost to 4.2ghz under the right conditions.

The 3600x will perform a bit better for gaming since it is clocked higher, however, it is not going to be a massive performance jump from the 3600.

The 3600x does chuck out a bit more heat but should end up running cooler since the included HSF is superior.
Main differences:

The Ryzen 5 3600x includes a Wraith Spire stock cooler. Boost to 4.4ghz under the right conditions.
The Ryzen 5 3600 includes a Wraith Stealth stock cooler. Boost to 4.2ghz under the right conditions.

The 3600x will perform a bit better for gaming since it is clocked higher, however, it is not going to be a massive performance jump from the 3600.

The 3600x does chuck out a bit more heat but should end up running cooler since the included HSF is superior.

Solution

Biggy Cent

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
Main differences:

Thank you for the reply. I have a Corsair water cooler currently attached to my CPU. Will this work fine with an AMD cpu and mobo?

Probably not. If your AIO is the same age as your CPU, it will not have the appropriate mounting brackets in order to fit onto a modern AM4 motherboard.

Also, if the AIO is 5 years old or more, i would suggest replacing it as the risk for failure gets higher with age.