Question Ryzen 5 3600 with B550 Tomahawk board, high temps (60ºc ~ 75°c) on idle

Jul 12, 2020
It's a new build. I dunno why my idle temps sits at this temperature. I have disabled PBO in my BIOS. I used the stock cooler's pre-applied thermal paste. The power options is also at Balanced. Here's the HWinfo readings of my temps. My case is Gamdias Argus M1. As of right now, I only have 2 <Mod Edit> fans cooling the case. A 140mm fan from a Cryorig H5 Ultimate cooler for the front intake, then a <Mod Edit> 120mm Tecware for an exhaust on the top of the case. The 140mm runs at 1.2k RPM and the 120mm runs at 900 ~ 1k RPM. Could that be the reason?

I ran prime95 and I got temps of 85°C and a max of 93°C, Rust (mid settings) also was going 65°C to 75°C.

Any ideas on how to optimize this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 12, 2020
Replace the stock cpu cooler.

Improve your case airflow.

Use the search function on this forum to see numerous similar threads.
Im deffo getting 6 case fans soon down the line. But I kinda fixed it. I just undervolted it slightly. It's running at 4Ghz @ 1.05v now. Temps have reduced to 45°C ~ 55°C on idle which is normal to what I've seen with others. Then goes up to 60°C ~ 75°C under load.

Jul 12, 2020
Most probably airflow or cpu cooler issues, I have the same problem
did you got that fixed? I've made a reply to the person above and it really helped my temps. Not to mention I have removed the stock cooler, cleaned the pre-applied paste and got a new paste in (Artic MX4). Also updated my bios

TRENDING THREADS