Spikewulf

Prominent
Nov 22, 2019
My specs are
MB: MSI B350 tomahawk
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
Ram: G skill 16gb
GPU: 1660 Super.

I just bought the ryzen 5 3600 to replace my ryzen 3 1200. When I installed it I would not get a boot/display. All the led, fans, and cpu fans are on and working.

I do have a EZ debug light on. Saying the cpu isn't reading.

I've already switched back to the 1200 and updated the bios to the newest one and tried to put the 3600 back in and still no boot.

HELP ME PLEASE! :)

Solution
If even after a BIOS update the DEBUG is reading bad CPU on boot then it's possible you simply got a bad CPU. I'm sure you're doing it right but double check you're installing the CPU in the proper orientation in the socket. I would also try clearing CMOS just to have factory board settings so nothing conflicts (to clear CMOS pull the battery out that's on the board, that circle 3v battery. After 30 seconds put it back in).
If even after a BIOS update the DEBUG is reading bad CPU on boot then it's possible you simply got a bad CPU. I'm sure you're doing it right but double check you're installing the CPU in the proper orientation in the socket. I would also try clearing CMOS just to have factory board settings so nothing conflicts (to clear CMOS pull the battery out that's on the board, that circle 3v battery. After 30 seconds put it back in).

Solution

Spikewulf

Prominent
Nov 22, 2019
This is my second CPU from microcenter. So it's very very unlikely that I got 2 bad cpus In a row.. I'll try and do the CMOS cause I have not done that yet. Hopefully that helps. Thank you for the fast respond.