Ryzen 5 3600 XT
MSI MAG 240R
MSI B550M Mobo
RTX 2060 Super 8gb
16gb Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz
750 Gamemax RGB PSU
Corsair m.2 SSD
WD 2.5 SSD

I have the ASUS TUF GT301 case with the Radiator front mounted and exhausting the top exhausting and the rear top fan pulling in ( my desk is not optimal but i can change stuff to save my pc)

Im getting 60c around 66 avg in a 70 degree room with air conditioning, as soon as i start any games Rocket league, New World, Squad i spike immediately up the high 80s, What can i do should i install new thermal paste? i bought the parts all new from a local dealer when the gpu shortage was at full swing and just cant get this thing to run cool. never had a liquid cooled rig run that hot. thank you everyone i can provide all i can do to help but im not a computer guy 100%

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Try setting the radiator fans pulling from the front, through the rad. Set rear to exhaust, as well as the top fans.

Really can't tell much about the airflow for that front panel, but otherwise seems to offer plenty of venting for that equipment. As a quick test you could try to just leave the glass panel door off to see if there is a significant change.
If there isn't I would suspect poor paste application or something amiss with the AIO.

Reactions: lungerman

lungerman

Distinguished
May 29, 2016
Try setting the radiator fans pulling from the front, through the rad. Set rear to exhaust, as well as the top fans.

Really can't tell much about the airflow for that front panel, but otherwise seems to offer plenty of venting for that equipment. As a quick test you could try to just leave the glass panel door off to see if there is a significant change.
If there isn't I would suspect poor paste application or something amiss with the AIO.

Okay I have tried a few different configurations with the fans but not since I have noticed it getting so warm, I'm also gonna do thermal paste tomorrow after work and change the fan orientation I truly only care about performance but I've never had a liquid cooled rig run this warm ever and I want longetivity.
Also not really any better with the side panel glass off, anything to look/listen for regarding the AIO/CPU Block

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
There are a couple of videos out concerning the proper way to orient an AIO type cooler to help prevent issues with air bubbles. If it has that going on you should be hearing the pump cavitate.
In heavy use you should be able to feel heat within the intake area of the radiator, but can take a moment to load enough to feel that.

lungerman

Distinguished
May 29, 2016
So i applied new thermal paste, (Arctic Silver) still at idle im around 45c and even now just browsing and such im at 60c as soon as i start a game 80c i oriented my fans how you had specified along with other options. Pump showed 4300 rpm in bios so id assume its working im kinda stumped. also im using Ryzen Master to check temps