Question Ryzen 5 3600x always at clock speed of 4300 and avg temp of 70

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SebRicho

Commendable
Jan 5, 2021
My recently purchased ryzen 5 3600x has a constant speed of 4300 which i would be absolutely fine with, if it werent at an average temperature of 70 and makes the included wraith spire loud as all hell

SebRicho

Commendable
Jan 5, 2021
Seems someone already wrote an instruction about how to configure power plan for Ryzen CPU right.

How to Get AMD Ryzen Balanced Power Plan on Windows 10
i followed and downloaded the chipset mentioned within this plan however i now have a new problem

When trying to run the application i am told that i must be on an amd system to run it, which i am. So therefore the installer doesnt install the right chipset because it doesnt recognise it being an amd system

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Hang in theres you get sorted out. It not always smooth for AMD gpu owner unfortunately. When I build pc I get bsod all time very frustrated but now resolve and couldn't be more pleased never issues.

Not sure what to recommend for power plan but I runs the ultimate one. Was a recommended setting for gaming pc setup. What solve issues for me was optimizing windows it was root of issues for me.