Question Ryzen 5 3600x change from stock cooler

djsteez2

Reputable
Sep 28, 2017
Hello to all the good people here!

I searched this forum and found alternatives to the stock cooler on the Ryzen 5 3600x but I also noticed that you all ask about the atx, motherboard and similar information as the effects are differenent based on those parts.
So, my parts are:

Atx: Thermaltake V200 RGB with 3 120mm coolers on the front and 1 on the back. The
Mobo: Asus Rog Strix B450-f Gaming
GPU: PowerColor 5700 xt Red Devil
Ram: Corsair Vengence pro rgb 2x8gb 3600Mhz DDR 4

So, I saw that at idle the temp is around 70C, but its different all the time... When I play Warzone it goes from 70C to 83/ 84C max. The cooler is in beast mode then, according to the sound I hear :)
I also noticed that the glass panel on the atx is getting warner when gaming and my guess is that the cpu cooler is doing that because the warm part of the glass is just above the cpu cooler. I read that even 85C is ''normal'' for that CPU and its not dangerous but by buying an aftermarket cooler the life span of the cpu would increase.

I would appreciate if someone can help me choose an aftermarket cooler which will will be as quiet as possible, but my priority is the temp. I really cant buy anything which costs more than 100eur because I just bought my PC and I am pretty much limited with cash :) I am looking for something that costs max 50 euros but maybe I can handle till 100 if it is a must :)

EDIT: maybe someone can help me with the fan custom curve (if it helps)

I appreciate your time and help!
Have a nice day!

Deni

Last edited:
Hello to all the good people here!

I searched this forum and found alternatives to the stock cooler on the Ryzen 5 3600x but I also noticed that you all ask about the atx, motherboard and similar information as the effects are differenent based on those parts.
So, my parts are:

Atx: Thermaltake V200 RGB with 3 120mm coolers on the front and 1 on the back. The
Mobo: Asus Rog Strix B450-f Gaming
GPU: PowerColor 5700 xt Red Devil
Ram: Corsair Vengence pro rgb 2x8gb 3600Mhz DDR 4

So, I saw that at idle the temp is around 70C, but its different all the time... When I play Warzone it goes from 70C to 83/ 84C max. The cooler is in beast mode then, according to the sound I hear :)
I also noticed that the glass panel on the atx is getting warner when gaming and my guess is that the cpu cooler is doing that because the warm part of the glass is just above the cpu cooler. I read that even 85C is ''normal'' for that CPU and its not dangerous but by buying an aftermarket cooler the life span of the cpu would increase.

I would appreciate if someone can help me choose an aftermarket cooler which will will be as quiet as possible, but my priority is the temp. I really cant buy anything which costs more than 100eur because I just bought my PC and I am pretty much limited with cash :) I am looking for something that costs max 50 euros but maybe I can handle till 100 if it is a must :)

I appreciate your time and help!
Have a nice day!

Deni
Hello there!!
A hyper 212 black edition would help.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hH...ck-edition-573-cfm-cpu-cooler-rr-212s-20pc-r1
Edit:https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/hHDJ7P/cooler-master-hyper-212-rgb-black-edition-573-cfm-cpu-cooler-rr-212s-20pc-r1

Last edited:
Reactions: djsteez2
I read somewhere about the front fans on TT view 31 case was too close to the front glass panel when mounted on the panel side of the main frame.
The owner moved the front fans to the inside of the main frame and thermal got better.
Could give a try see if makes any kind of difference.

Reactions: DMAN999

djsteez2

Reputable
Sep 28, 2017
Thank you all for the reply. A friend of mine looke at the pc and do a few changes in BIOS and he told me I need extra cooling that will take the hot air out of the case that should be mounted on the top, or get a decent liquid cooling with min 2 coolers on the top of the case. He told me something about negative/positive pressure, that the hot air stays inside. Now I am with the side panel removed and with few tweeks in the bios. Waiting to buy a liquid cooler :)
What do you think? Liquid or maybe a decent air cooler that will draw the air out through the back cooler?

Thank you all for the reply. A friend of mine looke at the pc and do a few changes in BIOS and he told me I need extra cooling that will take the hot air out of the case that should be mounted on the top, or get a decent liquid cooling with min 2 coolers on the top of the case. He told me something about negative/positive pressure, that the hot air stays inside. Now I am with the side panel removed and with few tweeks in the bios. Waiting to buy a liquid cooler :)
What do you think? Liquid or maybe a decent air cooler that will draw the air out through the back cooler?
As i said earlier ryzen CPU's dont get too hot, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 will be more than enough, your system will be cool and quite. A liquid cooler will keep it cool but it's not needed unless you wanna try it and yes it's also expensive and the life span of air cooler is longer. Get as per your liking and budget

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What's still being overlooked is your chassis' choked airflow. That's going to affect how well ANY cooler works - cpu and gpu.
The easier it is for air to get in and out of your box, the better your cpu and gpu coolers will do.
-The V200 has a front panel choke point
-The current gpu does not get as much air from the front as it could
-The gpu is also a 220w card that dumps its heat inside the chassis
-The Wraith Spire is going to 'cool' on a good chunk of that gpu exhaust

If you want to keep that chassis, what really needs to be done here:
-install 2 more fans up top for exhaust: 2 x 120mm or 2 x 140mm fan
-move the front fans behind the fan bracket. They are too close as they currently are.