[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600x cpu temp

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jerry_96

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Hi ,
My system specs

Ryzen 5 3600x with arctic 7x cpu cooler
Motherboard b550-a Asus
Ddr4 2666mhz overclocked to 2800mhz
Rtx 2060 zotac gaming 6gb
Hdd 7200rpm
Ssd nvme gigabyte 512gb
1 intake dc fan,
1 exhaust pwm fan
550w power supply bronze thermal take
m-ATX casing

vwge7BT.jpg

Why does my cpu temps were so high during gaming session? Refer to attached pictures
Does my cpu cooler not seated correctly?

Last edited:
Solution
That should make a difference for all temps. 3 intakes, and 3 exhausts, it should be chilly in there.

It looks better than the old case did, no one needs hdd cages anymore :)

Is that a Corsair case as I think I just helped someone else with same one. I thought I was seeing double.

I went from this

NbVl9M7.jpg

(Left is front, mb is rotated 90 degrees so everything that is normally at back of case is at top)
to this
o139ObX.jpg

and although new case looks better, the top one has better cooling ability. Its just old and had features I don't need... like 5 cd drive cages. I still have it in my room.

Hard to compete against 3 x 180mm fans
Glass isn't as good for keeping it quiet...

Colif

Win 11 Master
That should make a difference for all temps. 3 intakes, and 3 exhausts, it should be chilly in there.

Is that a Corsair case as I think I just helped someone else with same one. I thought I was seeing double.

I went from this

NbVl9M7.jpg

(Left is front, mb is rotated 90 degrees so everything that is normally at back of case is at top)
to this
o139ObX.jpg

and although new case looks better, the top one has better cooling ability. Its just old and had features I don't need... like 5 cd drive cages. I still have it in my room.

Glass isn't as good for keeping it quiet either.

Last edited:
Reactions: jerry_96
Solution

jerry_96

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

I went from this

NbVl9M7.jpg

to this
o139ObX.jpg

Glass isn't as good for keeping it quiet either.
Those hard drive bay on the old case is really convenient . Btw, the new case looks good too.