[SOLVED] ryzen 5 3600x oc

Jun 23, 2020
I have a corsair water cooler on my cpu and i wanted to know a safe overclock for it because I've never done it before

Solution
generally speaking an all core overclock between 4.3 and 4.4 is possible with most people staying under 1.4v to control heat issues...it will of course depend on your silicon lottery luck

I would suggest you read up more on the trade-offs and issues associated with overclocking Ryzen 3000 series chips...it's a different animal than Intel overclocking where it's no longer a matter of simply setting a fixed multiplier and getting better performance all around.

IMHO it's better to focus on ram timings to pull performance from the 3600x...you can get some serious gains by tweaking ram depending on the quality of your memory
generally speaking an all core overclock between 4.3 and 4.4 is possible with most people staying under 1.4v to control heat issues...it will of course depend on your silicon lottery luck

I would suggest you read up more on the trade-offs and issues associated with overclocking Ryzen 3000 series chips...it's a different animal than Intel overclocking where it's no longer a matter of simply setting a fixed multiplier and getting better performance all around.

IMHO it's better to focus on ram timings to pull performance from the 3600x...you can get some serious gains by tweaking ram depending on the quality of your memory

Last edited:
Solution
Jun 23, 2020

Do you recommend any good videos to watch so I can achieve this