[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600X only delivering about 5fps on games

Aug 24, 2020
I built a new PC two weeks ago and today decided to play some games on Steam for the first time since then. They loaded quickly and all seemed to be going well until the game title screen appeared and suddenly I was greeted with a consistent 5fps, making even checking the setting unbearable. After I did so, I realized there were no abnormalities with the settings at all. This problem is not specific to only the title screen, it's a problem just as bad while playing the game, and not only on this one game, but every one I've tried. At the time, my CPU was running at about 90% and 78 degrees, but was delivering awful performance. I'm not sure if this is a capping or cooling issue and any help would be greatly appreciated.

beorn

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
I built a new PC two weeks ago and today decided to play some games on Steam for the first time since then. They loaded quickly and all seemed to be going well until the game title screen appeared and suddenly I was greeted with a consistent 5fps, making even checking the setting unbearable. After I did so, I realized there were no abnormalities with the settings at all. This problem is not specific to only the title screen, it's a problem just as bad while playing the game, and not only on this one game, but every one I've tried. At the time, my CPU was running at about 90% and 78 degrees, but was delivering awful performance. I'm not sure if this is a capping or cooling issue and any help would be greatly appreciated.
And your video card is??