Oct 15, 2020
I have a ryzen 5 3600x with the stock cooler and it has a idol of 60c and maxes up under heavy load at around 85c. Anything to help me out??? Also I believe it is on max boost. My motherboard is a prime b450M- A. Should I buy a after market cooler?

Solution
That sounds about normal. People on the internet are reporting similar temperatures for that processor with the stock cooler

Those temperatures won't destroy your CPU but a better cooler would prolong its lifespan longer. And would probably be quieter. Stock coolers are typically designed to be "good enough" and not much more due to cost reasons so I wouldn't expect much from them

Furzumz

Reputable
That sounds about normal. People on the internet are reporting similar temperatures for that processor with the stock cooler

Those temperatures won't destroy your CPU but a better cooler would prolong its lifespan longer. And would probably be quieter. Stock coolers are typically designed to be "good enough" and not much more due to cost reasons so I wouldn't expect much from them

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
I have a ryzen 5 3600x with the stock cooler and it has a idol of 60c and maxes up under heavy load at around 85c. Anything to help me out??? Also I believe it is on max boost. My motherboard is a prime b450M- A. Should I buy a after market cooler?

It is worth reseating your cooler with fresh thermal paste to check that it is cooling properly.

You will get higher temps with it on max boost.
I find that PBO on Auto gives the best performance and temperatures on my 3700X with the stock cooler.

Andy