[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600xt not performing well

Jun 21, 2021
Hi, I hope you are doing well.My name is Ahmad Raza. And I'm playing games on pc for couple of years now i know a bit about computers but not an expert. So I'm asking an expert for help.I bought Ryzen 5 3600xt from a local shop here but when I benchmarked in cpuz i got 520 scores for single core and 4200 scores for Muti cores. And in Cinebench R20 I got like 3200 scores.I know these are so low for this processor. Remember this is on Stock I've tried to overclock it and I reached around 4.5 GHz on overclocking with 1.35 voltage. Games run Fine like not crashing but cinebech don't do any Benchmark and closes down on overclock. But in Cpuz i get 546 to 550 on Single Core and around 4600 scores on Multi-Cores.I never reach 95tdp max which this Cpu should reach even on stock. But in my case even on overclock it never reaches above 75 to 80 tdp. My temps in games are always less than 60 and in benchmarks, under 100 load it only reaches 75 or barely 80.
Here is my setup may you can help I'm really worried.
Cpu:R5 3600xt
Motherboard: Asrock ab350 pro4 Am4
Ram::Non brand 2400mhz
Gpu:Gtx 1080
Power supply: 700w from a good brand but can't remember the name

I'm really worried Please help also in games it is not reaching the Fps it should.

Note:
In games CPU Never Boosts to 4.5 GHz it stays on 4.4 GHz, and in benchmarks, on 100 loads it reaches only around 4.2 GHz. Also, my max temps even on over clock barely reach 80 Celcius.I do have a good cooler master cooler.

Solution
First of all, your 4.5Ghz overclock is unstable which is why Cinebench R20 is crashing when you try to run the benchmark. You are trying to push an all core overclock too high on your particular CPU plain and simple. CPU-Z benchmark and gaming will not push your processor as hard as Cinebench R20 which is why you aren't crashing when with them. You are already pushing what I would consider to be max voltage for Ryzen 3000 with 1.35V, to error on the safe side you should try running that voltage with 4.4Ghz all core and see if you still experience Cinebench R20 crashing. With that said, I have a 3800X (now my kids gaming rig) overclocked to 4.4Ghz all core @ 1.34V. When it was my main work rig I would routinely overclock it to...
First of all, your 4.5Ghz overclock is unstable which is why Cinebench R20 is crashing when you try to run the benchmark. You are trying to push an all core overclock too high on your particular CPU plain and simple. CPU-Z benchmark and gaming will not push your processor as hard as Cinebench R20 which is why you aren't crashing when with them. You are already pushing what I would consider to be max voltage for Ryzen 3000 with 1.35V, to error on the safe side you should try running that voltage with 4.4Ghz all core and see if you still experience Cinebench R20 crashing. With that said, I have a 3800X (now my kids gaming rig) overclocked to 4.4Ghz all core @ 1.34V. When it was my main work rig I would routinely overclock it to 4.5Ghz all core @ 1.36V but was also fully aware that 1.36V is really pushing the limit of how much voltage you should pump through Ryzen 3000. My recommendation is 4.4 vs 4.5Ghz isn't enough of a performance gain to risk your rig if you aren't working on time sensitive projects. I would recommend trying 4.4Ghz @ 1.34V, check for stability, if stable see if you can lower the Vcore and retain stability. Heat is not the only risk when overclocking, you can cause processor degradation even running voltages that are considered "safe" and really anything over 1.33V on Ryzen 3000 is already running "high" voltages. With that said, I ran my 3800X with 1.34 - 1.35V for about 2 years with no degradation, and it is run everyday now with 4.4Ghz all core @ 1.34V.

My experience with my 3800X was that PBO was not a viable overclocking method, even with the best tweaks I could make I would only get all core boosting of ~ 4.2Ghz. To get the best performance I had to use a manual multiplier overclock. I tinkered with the Vcore until I found where the voltage the processor needed to run at 4.4 and 4.5Ghz without crashing / errors and then tinkered with a voltage offset till I found the proper one to give the processor 1.34V when under full load at 4.4Ghz and 1.36V when under full load at 4.5Ghz. By utilizing a voltage offset I was able to utilize Ryzen balanced power plan and set my processor minimum state to 5% and maximum state to 100%. This would allow the idle voltage to go down to next to nothing (0.4V) and voltage under load to quickly go to 1.34, 1.36V with the LLC set to level 3. By allowing to processor to enter a true idle state 5% utilization and 0.4V it saves on the processor by not taxing it all the time and I believe it helps ward off degradation.

I think you are on the right path with using a manual multiplier overclock on your 3600XT. I would recommend decreasing your overclock to 4.4Ghz all core for stability and seeing how low you can set your Vcore and retain stability. Saying you not stable at 4.5Ghz and are already pushing 1.35V I wouldn't recommend pushing anymore voltage.

Solution
Jun 21, 2021
Thank you so much for your response you really made me less curious and worried now. but i want to know is my setup working good enough as it should.Like on google when i searched every ryzen 5 3600xt was working way above my Cpu performance even i overclocked it to 4.4 ghz.Is there any perfect and good way to check that the results that i'm getting are perfect. Thanks again for your reply.

As with any Oc testing Must be done to verify whether it is stable.
Programs that have been used to do this verification is Prime95, Occt, Cinebench R20, Asus Realbench, gaming and or heavy video encoding.

If it can't run any or most of those mentioned for 8-10 hrs without issues then your system is not stable and you need to revisit your settings and or your Oc expectations.

This may help

As stated above your RAM would be the reason your seeing lower benchmark numbers. You really do want to be running 2 sticks for dual channel support. My 3800X is running 16Gbs (2 x 8Gb) of Samsung B die at 3600Mhz 14-14-14-28. Ryzen processors are extremely RAM sensitive and increasing the clock speed and tightening the timings of your RAM will greatly influence your performance and benchmark scores.

Reactions: MeanMachine41

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your response you really made me less curious and worried now. but i want to know is my setup working good enough as it should.Like on google when i searched every ryzen 5 3600xt was working way above my Cpu performance even i overclocked it to 4.4 ghz.Is there any perfect and good way to check that the results that i'm getting are perfect. Thanks again for your reply.

You really should only compare the stock CB score to your OC one to isolate the CPU performance.

Quick and dirty Ryzen OC:
  1. Max out PBO limits (300,230,230) or use the Motherboard option. Leave Scalar at Auto.
  2. Run Prime95/OCCT at small FFT/small data set for 10 minutes or so while monitoring with HwInfo
  3. See the Vcore voltage on HwInfo. Use this Vcore as absolute maximum for OC. I usually refresh monitoring and see the lowest Vcore I got for reference, just to be extra safe.
  4. Input Vcore and test multiplier on BIOS (preferable), or Ryzen Master (quicker to test)
  5. Run OCCT/P95 again, this time opting for longer durations. You can use 8+ hours for ideal testing, but I find OCCT very quick in detecting errors within minutes for unstable OC.
    • OCCT small for worst case scenario in heat, use if you want to test whether your cooler is capable or not
    • OCCT large for faster error checking.
  6. Reduce multipliers until stable; then reduce Vcore bit by bit (0.025V) and re-check stability.
  7. If the results are unsatisfactory, then set everything back to default and enable PBO. Also OC RAM or get better RAM kit for actual performance.
Bit of warning: do not exceed the Vcore as you noted; that is the maximum "safe" voltage for any given individual chip, and you run a high risk of degradation past that Vcore if maintained as static OC.

Reactions: damric
Jun 21, 2021
Thank you so much to all of you for answering the questions I was not well these days this is why my response is late. But for Ram, I'm using 2x8 at 2400mhz with timings at 17 or something. But I think I should upgrade it to high speed as I see it can be the case and about scores with the help of @Redneck5439 Amazing Help, I overclocked to 4.4ghz with 1.38 voltage and Now my Cpu is stable Low temps also good scores in benchmarks getting around 530 at the single-core in CPUz and Multi-Cores Above 4500 in cpuz and about cinebench scores are very good too. But I'm just curious I never reach 95tdp which i should cause CPU says its max tdp is 95. I've disabled PBO still not works and also Tried to optimize it with some internet help no increase and no decrease Max tdp only reaches 80. I'm just wondering that is it ok and normal or I'm having any issues. Also will increasing my RAM will get me any higher FPS in games cause These benchmark scores are just a reference to me My main focus is gaming.Also is my motherboard ok for this CPU. Thank you so much!