[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 4600H overheating in laptop ?

Nov 6, 2021
I have an HP Pavilion 15 ec 1052 ax gaming laptop which has amd ryzen 5 4600h.
My cpu temp measured on both omen gaming hub is crossing 90C frequently and i can notice a performance drop.
I have cleaned the vents and also reapplied thermal paste.
Laptop is in elevated position to allow airflow. What more steps can be taken so that i can have a smooth performance ?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

That isn't overheating according to AMD's specs since the processor/APU can go to 105 Deg C. As for your laptop's thermal paste reapplication, what thermal paste did you use? Check and see that your laptop is up to date with BIOS. If you have BIOS updates pending update, do not jump to the latest BIOS instead gradually update to the latest.

You could also try and use DDU to uninstall your chipset and GPU drivers and then manually reinstall them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Is your laptop sitting flush with your table top/desk space? If so, try and use an eraser to lift the rear edge off of the table to help with airflow under the laptop.

Lutfij

Titan

That isn't overheating according to AMD's specs since the processor/APU can go to 105 Deg C. As for your laptop's thermal paste reapplication, what thermal paste did you use? Check and see that your laptop is up to date with BIOS. If you have BIOS updates pending update, do not jump to the latest BIOS instead gradually update to the latest.

You could also try and use DDU to uninstall your chipset and GPU drivers and then manually reinstall them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Is your laptop sitting flush with your table top/desk space? If so, try and use an eraser to lift the rear edge off of the table to help with airflow under the laptop.

Solution
Nov 6, 2021

My laptop is under warranty so i asked the service guy to replace the thermal paste.Already used DDU and reinstalled the graphic drivers.My laptop does not have any bios update and the rear edge is already lifted.But my performance is not what it was a few months ago

Nov 6, 2021
My laptop is under warranty so i asked the service guy to replace the thermal paste.Already used DDU and reinstalled the graphic drivers.My laptop does not have any bios update and the rear edge is already lifted.But my performance is not what it was a few months ago
Ok so I extended the ram and the gameplay became smooth but my temps now going more than 100 C frequently.I already have a laptop cooler any other steps present to reduce temperature?