Question Ryzen 5 4650G iGPU is crashing. I need different RAM but which ?

Jul 12, 2022
Hello! I've bought a prebuilt PC with:
Mobo: Asrock B450M Steel Legend
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4650G
RAM:1 x 8GB DDR4 3200 TED48G3200C22BK6

I want to buy different RAM but don't know which one. I have two options at pretty much the same price:

F4-3200C16D-16GTZR wich is in both Motherboard compatibility and AMD compatibility lists.
OR
F4-3200C16D-16GTZN wich is only in AMD compatibility but it's "Engineered and optimized for full compatibility on the latest AMD Ryzen platforms..." according to G.SKILL's website.

I won't overclock more than the XMP profiles (DDR4-3200). I plan to use the integrated GPU only. Thanks!

This was just additional information:
The GPU is crashing in gpu stress tests. The ram passes MemTest86+. I've looked online and I've found that AMD iGPU's do crash with some memory sticks.

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Either would likely be fine. Though for best iGPU performance, go for 3600 with a low latency like 16.

Not a guarantee that the memory is the problem, though going from single channel to dual channel will also help a lot in performance.

Hello! I've bought a prebuilt PC with:
Mobo: Asrock B450M Steel Legend
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4650G
RAM:1 x 8GB DDR4 3200 TED48G3200C22BK6

I want to buy different RAM but don't know which one. I have two options at pretty much the same price:

F4-3200C16D-16GTZR wich is in both Motherboard compatibility and AMD compatibility lists.
OR
F4-3200C16D-16GTZN wich is only in AMD compatibility but it's "Engineered and optimized for full compatibility on the latest AMD Ryzen platforms..." according to G.SKILL's website.

I won't overclock more than the XMP profiles (DDR4-3200). I plan to use the integrated GPU only. Thanks!

This was just additional information:
The GPU is crashing in gpu stress tests. The ram passes MemTest86+. I've looked online and I've found that AMD iGPU's do crash with some memory sticks.
Crucial says this will work.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083TRRT1...9842-4727-8aaf-4a2f97dec11d&tag=microncsus-20

Jul 12, 2022
Thanks for the replies.
@Eximo Will look again for 3600.
@Bob.B Amazon doesn't ship to my country. It's not available in my local store. They have very limited choise.

Correct me if i'm wrong but looking at the ASRock QVL again. They don't mention F4-3200C16D-16GTZN but there is F4-3200C16Q-32GTZN which probably is exactly the same RAM but in pack of four 8GB sticks with different printing on the stickers.

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That is very likely. 4 sticks are harder to run at speed, and it uses more power. Since the memory controller is inside the CPU, these can lead to instability.

QVL is more guidelines anyway. Early Ryzen did have a lot of memory compatibility issues, but it got much better later on.

Jul 12, 2022
I've bought F4-3200C16D-16GTZR so far no issues but I'm running it at 2133 MT/s. In few days will try the XMP profile. In some benchmarks I'm getting slightly better score in others slightly less. For the games I have additional ~110 fps (in some games this is more than double). If you are confused the games aren't the newest.

With 3200 MT/s I should get even more out of it. For now I am happy with the results and probably will stay on 2133.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The GTZN is gskill Trident-Z Neo, generally about the best Ryzen performance ram out of the box.
The GTZR is gskill Trident-Z RGB. Basically the same Samsung B-die ram, different heatsink. The only other difference is the secondary and tertiary stock timings are more optimized for Ryzen performance, the standard Trident-Z has slightly looser timings to be more compatible with Intel as well.

The amd compatibility list is a tool, it's not gospel or guaranteed. It doesn't cover every stick of ram or every combination, that'd be an impossible venture and kinda pointless since most of the ram is a repeat. GTZ, GTZR, GTZN, GTZC, GTZW, all exactly the same Gskill Trident-Z (GTZ) the difference being the heatsink (RGB, Camo, Neo, White etc).

You'd not go to a car dealership and expect any difference between test driving a red car and the exact same car in blue (everyone knows red cars are faster!)

The only guarantee about the Amd list is that they tested that model, and those particular sticks worked, there's no guarantee that the same sticks will work for you because they are different sticks, regardless of same model.

Gskill tests all their ram, on every motherboard they can get, so they may test the same model ram with different sticks 100x on a mobo, a much wider range of comparison. Gskill can do that because Asus only has 10 new motherboards, Msi gigabyte etc. Vs AMD testing the 4000 different models of gskill Trident-Z, plus the 5 different series gskill has, plus the 100 other vendors and all their ram, multiplied by all the possible motherboards.

Last edited: