[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5000 series vs Ryzen 9 3000 series

Apr 16, 2021
Which CPU is better for gaming on max settings ? I won't be using it for anything else. I've done a ton of research but I just can't figure it out, there too many terms that I don't know what they are. I got the impression that more than 8 cores is overkill for gaming. I'll get the most expensive GPU that I can afford, which should the best or 2nd best,(not counting the $3000 ones.)

Thank you very much for your help.

Damian Ayre

Apr 16, 2021
I'm buying an LG monitor. Those are the specs. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Damian Ayre

Ultra WQHD resolution
Expand your gaming performance in line with the power of your graphics card.

1 ms response time
Delivers ultra-fast performance, minimizing lag and time-to-screen.

160 Hz refresh rate
Delivers powerful performance so that you can get the most out of your games and videos.

34" LED monitor
Efficient screen type uses LEDs to provide precise backlighting to pixels.

UltraWide Curved screen
Provides extra immersion for gaming or video watching.

G-SYNC technology for smooth gameplay
NVIDIA G-SYNC synchronizes the refresh rates between the GPU and display, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag.

FreeSync Technology
Adaptive synchronization technology that matches the frame rate of the monitor to any compatible AMD graphics card.

2 HDMI and DisplayPort inputs
Allow you to set up DVD players and other AV sources for a clear, high quality audio and video signal.

2 USB 3.0 ports
Allow you to connect devices to the monitor, which then transfers the data to the computer.

178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles
Allow you to view the screen from a wide range of angles.

1,000:1 contrast ratio
Ensures images are crisp and clear with deep blacks and bright highlights.

400 cd/m² brightness
Produces bright images that can clearly be seen even in well-lit rooms.