Question Ryzen 5 5500 vs i3 12100f

Dec 14, 2022
Hello. So i already bought Ryzen 5 5500 at 102 euros but now im told from someone (he is really passionate with PC hardware) that i should sell it and get an i3 12100f (btw 12100f costs 108 euros) instead because r5 5500 limits GPUs in general and even more GPUs with low VRAM.
Benchmark show that gaming performance is pretty much similar so their difference seems kind of irrelevant to me so beside gaming benchmarks are there any other important points for each CPU? Maybe 12100f more future-proof? (cause i heard that as well).
I need your help to finally make a decision. I know that the i3 12100f is kind of famous so please i want serious and objective replies..
THANK YOU!

You are fine with your Ryzen cpu. It games the same, as you already know as the Intel cpu if not better in some games. Your only limitation is your gpu which you have not listed. Do not second guess yourself. If your friend believes the 12100f is superior let him buy it for you at Christmas. ;)

Reactions: wuateva
Dec 14, 2022
You are fine with your Ryzen cpu. It games the same, as you already know as the Intel cpu if not better in some games. Your only limitation is your gpu which you have not listed. Do not second guess yourself. If your friend believes the 12100f is superior let him buy it for you at Christmas. ;)
My current GPU is rx 570 (which i think has low vram to r5 5500 standards? idk..) and i do plan to upgrade it but not in year future. So will the r5 5500 limit my RX570 compare to the i3 12100f which i guess wouldnt?

My current GPU is rx 570 (which i think has low vram to r5 5500 standards? idk..) and i do plan to upgrade it but not in year future. So will the r5 5500 limit my RX570 compare to the i3 12100f which i guess wouldnt?
Most games are gpu reliant. So changing the cpu, especially to one that has the same ratings will not magically give you more fps. Be happy with your cpu, and look forward to upgrading your gpu. That is when you will see an improvement in gaming performance.

Reactions: wuateva