[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5600 temperatures

Cristian Pavel

Reputable
Apr 20, 2020
Hi guys! My new pc has just arrived, powered by the Ryzen 5 5600x (stock cooler) and I am a bit concerned about the temperatures.. Playing CSGO with FPS capped at 300 I've managed to maintain 65-67, which is fine. Removing the cap.. core temp shows a maximum of 79 degrees. I think that's not the average since the temperature after a quick alt+tab appears as 72-73 which seems to be fine as well. Is it a must to buy an after market cooler ? I do just gaming, no editing. Also, the ryzen master app shows a different score, like 5 degrees less than core temp. Which one is more accurate ? Since AMD made them both, I believe core temp is not what I'm looking for.

Solution
Hi Christian Pavel.

Your temperature is normal for a Ryzen 5000 and stock cooler. The Ryzen 5000 is hotter (and they can run at that temp just fine) than Ryzen 3000 series and your stock cooler is obviously ok but it's a stock cooler so yes an aftermarket cooler would help.

Ryzen Master is giving you the good temperature.
Hi Christian Pavel.

Your temperature is normal for a Ryzen 5000 and stock cooler. The Ryzen 5000 is hotter (and they can run at that temp just fine) than Ryzen 3000 series and your stock cooler is obviously ok but it's a stock cooler so yes an aftermarket cooler would help.

Ryzen Master is giving you the good temperature.

Solution