[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5600G and Asus Prime A320M-K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I've been considering a budget general purpose PC based on a Ryzen 5 5600G for some time and have just seen a used one in a forum at a good price (considering current prices). The only AM4 motherboard I have access to for testing it is an Asus Prime A320M-K in my nephew's computer. But the Ryzen 5 5600G isn't on the list of supported processors.

Can anyone confirm that the mobo is really not compatible with the 5600G or is it possible that Asus simply hasn't got around to updating the list yet?

I've been considering a budget general purpose PC based on a Ryzen 5 5600G for some time and have just seen a used one in a forum at a good price (considering current prices). The only AM4 motherboard I have access to for testing it is an Asus Prime A320M-K in my nephew's computer. But the Ryzen 5 5600G isn't on the list of supported processors.

Can anyone confirm that the mobo is really not compatible with the 5600G or is it possible that Asus simply hasn't got around to updating the list yet?
As per the asus web site the answer is no.
You can contact asus and see if they have more info.

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Thanks for the quick replies. The idea was to test the APU on the Asus board under a "testing warranty" by the seller and, if it's OK, to order a suitable new mobo, not the same Asus model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS