[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5600G not letting me install driver updates ?

Jun 14, 2020
Hi, I wasn't sure if I should post this in this board or in the GPU one but I recently built a new PC running a Ryzen 5 5600g. I have a GTX 980 on hand that I'm probably going to take out of my old PC and put into this new one but for now, I'd like to try to run with the integrated GPU that came with this CPU. However, every time I try to install the most recent AMD drivers, it gives me an error code: 184. It keeps telling me my OS isn't supported but I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I haven't activated it yet as I'm going to buy a key in the next week or so, so I hope that's not the problem.

Because of this issue, I've noticed that only really old games (EG: Return to Castle Wolfenstein) seem to run without crashing on launch and even then, it was not running as well as it should be. I realize the integrated GPU in this isn't the best option long-term but I saw plenty of people running with this thing and they were able to run Cyberpunk 2077 on low with an acceptable framerate so there's no reason older games shouldn't run fine.

I tried updating Windows, running different installers (both the direct install and the auto-update) and I'm not sure what else to try. Does anyone have suggestions I can try? If I have to, I'll temporarily revert back to my old PC or just temporarily move the 980 to this PC until I can get a cheaper card for the old PC but I'd like to at least get the integrated GPU working if possible, just as a nice backup option.

• OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (unactivated as of yet, but as I said, I'm going to buy a key very soon)
  • MOBO: ASUS Prime B450M
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600g
  • RAM: 2x8gb sticks of Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 (3200MHz)
  • GPU: integrated Radeon Vega 7
  • Storage: Kingston 480gb SATA SSD

Solution
Are you sure you are downloading the latest VGA drivers for Windows 10 and not Windows 11?
The last Windows 10 drivers were released on 2021/06/28, while the Windows 11 drivers were released later on 2021/10/25.

Also check the exact name of your motherboard, ASUS Prime B450M-A?
Jun 14, 2020
Hi all, thanks for your responses. I apparently didn't have all the latest updates for 10 and was able to get this particular issue fixed. Now to start another thread, as I can't seem to get things to download without constant "network interruption" errors. Oh, how I wish Windows would have stuck with 7, back when the OS actually worked as intended lol