[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5600G PCIe Lanes available for graphics card?

Solution
EDIT: I have since found this on Anandtech: "PCIe lanes on the SoC are listed in 16xGFX + 4xChipset + 4 for NVMe " (See the first chart in the article).
Is Anandtech a trustworthy site for this kind of information?
Well, AMD marketing guys say 4000G&5000G series are 16+4+4 and I think they know their own products. Same chips however are x8 on mobile platform, probably main reason of confusion. Dr Cutress from Anandtech is plenty trustworthy(rare case of techjournos having background in the field) but every one is capable to make mistakes.
View...
Any confirmation and references on that?

Apparently it's been debated and only sort of settled. PCIe lanes available is 8+4+4, so 8 lanes to an external GPU.

But some still say it correctly has 24 lanes total so 16+4+4. This too can make sense if considering 8 lanes are dedicated to the integrated Vega GPU with 8 more dedicated to an external, discrete GPU. Can the iGPU be used concurrent with a discrete GPU? if so, both need their data path. No?

The way it's specc'd is certainly confusing so would like some reference to find out for certain. But then, either way it doesn't matter as it's been shown time and again that performance gimp from losing 8 lanes to a dGPU is close to margin of error it's so small.

Last edited:

ManOfArc

Honorable
Jul 8, 2017
Thanks folks. But...
I was all set to close this query with a best answer, but now I'm not certain we have a consensus. I'm with
drea.drechsler in as much as I too have seen conflicting reports.

EDIT: I have since found
this on Anandtech: "PCIe lanes on the SoC are listed in 16xGFX + 4xChipset + 4 for NVMe " (See the first chart in the article).

Last edited:

kognak

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
EDIT: I have since found this on Anandtech: "PCIe lanes on the SoC are listed in 16xGFX + 4xChipset + 4 for NVMe " (See the first chart in the article).
Well, AMD marketing guys say 4000G&5000G series are 16+4+4 and I think they know their own products. Same chips however are x8 on mobile platform, probably main reason of confusion. Dr Cutress from Anandtech is plenty trustworthy(rare case of techjournos having background in the field) but every one is capable to make mistakes.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/pkwi83/comment/hc6h1tu/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/hwbe4u/free_karma_please/

Solution