[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5600x bsod - whea uncorrectable error - kernel power 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2021
So recently i bought myself the new ryzen 5 5600x cpu and at first it seemed to have worked in my b450motherboard, but every time i started gaming i get a blue screen with the whea uncorectable error msg. The bsod happends every time after a stress test or a heavy load/gaming. It happends even while gaming. I am not overclocked or have done anything in the bios.

Setup:
Mb: Gigabyte gaming x (b450)
Gpu: gigabyte gaming oc 3060 ti
Cpu: ryzen 5 5600x
Ram: 16gb kit Ripjaws V 3600mhz
Psu: Corsair 750m
Boot drive: kingston 240gig kc600

I have already tried updating my drivers and setting the power options like most threads recommend...but it still blue screens.

Colif

Win 11 Master
latest bios?
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
  • copy that file to documents
  • upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  • and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Jan 5, 2021
Yes i have the latest bios that supports ryzen 5000 installed. I set up the minidump now and will try to replecate the bluescreen. Do you have any particular website in mind? Its my first time experiencing something like this and I am sort of a noob.

Well i used jumpshare... its the first thing that popped up. Here is the link: https://jmp.sh/YSYujZg

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/ck3vgmns/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:010621-7328-01.dmp (Jan 6 2021 - 03:53:38)
Bugcheck:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
Probably caused by:? (Process: ?)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 37 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

Comment: It seems to be a bad or partially corrupted dump file. Upload additional dumps if you continue to crash.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-Gaming-X-rev-1x
I think there is a BIOS update. But they have went backwards with the version number. You have version F60e installed. I think the latest is version F52 (according to the dates). Either way, it's unlikely to help your crashing issue. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: Vid12377

gardenman

Splendid
Hold off on the BIOS update for now. Colif should reply later today with more instructions.

I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/a3meo5x9/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:010421-6312-01.dmp (Jan 4 2021 - 09:35:47)
Bugcheck:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: ?)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 00 Sec(s)

Comment: This one was also corrupted.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021
I am using the stock AMD cooler so it is a little warm, but the temps never go above 85C while gaming. Only when i was stress testing both the gpu and cpu at the same time it was at 95C, but it was running at reduced clocks like it should. It usually crashes after the test/gaming when the temps start to drop.

Colif

Win 11 Master
5600X max temp is 95C, after that it shuts down.
85c is a little too warm too. although AMD counts anything under 90c as okay.
max my 3600XT hits is 75C most days and thats at boot.

What cooling apart from heatsink? what case have you got? how many cooling fans?

i have to go but i will look in here later when i wake up (its almost 4am)

Jan 5, 2021
Okay, not a problem. Again, thank you for helping me!! I have only 1 fan in my case, and it's a cheap one at that...idk the brand. I am planning on buying a new cpu cooler when i get the money for it. Oh, and when i started crashing the first thing i thought of was overheating and so i opened up my pc (took of the side pannels) but it still crashed.

Jan 5, 2021
Okay. I think i have room in the front for 2 fans like you said, so i'll order some and try that. Yesterday i was messing around a bit with voltage and clocks with my cpu and i found out something interesting, at least for me. I don't know if it's normal but my voltage fluctuates like crazy going from 0.85 to spikes over 1.5 at some points.

My case is INTER-TECH C-3 Saphir. I don't have much hope for it as it was 35eur.

Colif

Win 11 Master
https://www.inter-tech.de/en/products/case/gaming-tower/c-3-saphir
2 x 120mm on front
1 x 120 or 1 x 140 on roof
can also mount 2 fabs on PSU shroud but that only feeds air to GPU.

So case fan thats included is the exhaust, CPU gets all the heat from GPU below it.

its not very open in the front, not sure how much air it can get through the slits on front. You may want to put a fan on roof Exhaust would at least suck the heat away from CPU. Intake up there might just disturb air patterns. Hard call.

I don't know if it's normal but my voltage fluctuates like crazy going from 0.85 to spikes over 1.5 at some points.
constantly moving. mine has about same range. that is normal. Same reason why temps spike to 50 and drop on a constant basis (in my case). voltage goes up when the cpu wakes a core to do something.

Jan 5, 2021
I can put 1 fan in the front and 1 at the end of the psu tunnel. It's not the best that the airflow in this case is well...not really there, but it's the best i can do at the moment. It will take a few days to get the fans, as my country is in full lockdown and I don't have any pc part shops near me. So, do you think that overheating is the issue in the end?

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Heat is a potential cause. I would reduce temps and see if you still crash.

I ordered a fan in mail in April and it took 5 weeks to get to me, I understand the problems.

One on front better than none at least. Is PC on carpet or something else as if you put fan on base you need to make sure air can get in through bottom.

When I ordered my PC parts last year, the part that took me the longest was the case. I am just picky. I knew what I wanted but I couldn't get it because of the lock downs.

Jan 5, 2021
The Pc is on wood and on stands, so it has a few cm opening on the bottom of it. What about a new motherboard? I am still thinking about swapping my motherboard, as i will be selling my old Cpu to a friend and i wanted to go to a 500 series motherboard either way, do you have any recomendations in the 100-150 range? I was thinking about the Msi B550 A-pro.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I only really look at new hardware when I am buying something, and I got this PC 4 months ago so... I don't know, you would be best starting a new question or just watching videos about the boards you looking at. I always read all the reviews or watch the videos I can find about things I want to buy.

Jan 5, 2021
Okay, thanks. Then ill try the fans and swapping the mb, as they will probably both come at the same time. If that doesen't fix it, the only thing left, that could cause the issue, is just the cpu and ram? If so ill try to send the cpu back to the shop to get the replacement, as they are currently in stock in EU.

Do you think that locking clocks and voltages can help me with stability? At least untill i figure out an actaull fix?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.