[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5600x cooler

Apr 20, 2020
Hi guys. My new PC has just arrived, powered by the Ryzen 5 5600x (stock cooler). Since the cooler can not maintain the ideal temperature I decided to change it. According to some reviewers, the arctic freezer 34 esports duo is a great option and also 15$ cheaper (in my country) than the competitor Scythe Ninja 5. What do you think ? I can afford 20$ more for the Ninja 5 or Mugen 5 or Fuma 2 if necessary. I just want a good cooling so my processor won't blow up :). Thanks in advance!

BogdanH

Respectable
At full load, up to 80°C is considered as totally safe and normal working temperature. So, stock cooler does keep up and you don't "need" another cooler because of that.
But, if it would make you feel better, then I can recommend either be Quiet Dark Rock Slim (~60US$) or Scythe Mugen 5 (~50US$) for 5600X. I expect both will drop temps for about 5°C and both are very quiet. As both perform similar, you pick the one you like better visually.

Hi guys. My new PC has just arrived, powered by the Ryzen 5 5600x (stock cooler). Since the cooler can not maintain the ideal temperature I decided to change it. According to some reviewers, the arctic freezer 34 esports duo is a great option and also 15$ cheaper (in my country) than the competitor Scythe Ninja 5. What do you think ? I can afford 20$ more for the Ninja 5 or Mugen 5 or Fuma 2 if necessary. I just want a good cooling so my processor won't blow up :). Thanks in advance!
Go for this zalman heatsink fan and use artic mx-4 on it, it will keep it chilly for a long time if you don't do any extreme overclocking.
https://www.newegg.com/zalman-amd-am4-compatible-cnps10x-optima-ii/p/13C-0007-001J4

BogdanH

Respectable
5600X is low power 65W CPU and stock cooler should handle temps good enough and sure won't blow up that CPU. So you'll need another reason (excuse) for buying another cooler to get "ideal" temperature.
Let me help you, for example: you wish more quiet cooler, or.. your case has poor airflow, so you wish to help with better CPU cooler, etc.. You're welcome :)

Apr 20, 2020
5600X is low power 65W CPU and stock cooler should handle temps good enough and sure won't blow up that CPU. So you'll need another reason (excuse) for buying another cooler to get "ideal" temperature.
Let me help you, for example: you wish more quiet cooler, or.. your case has poor airflow, so you wish to help with better CPU cooler, etc.. You're welcome :)
Well.. my CPU temperature goes up to 75 degrees only playing league of legends (fps capped at 144), the same for CSGO. I thought the stock cooler is enough at first, but it seems it can not keep up :(

Reactions: Master Djoza

BogdanH

Respectable
At full load, up to 80°C is considered as totally safe and normal working temperature. So, stock cooler does keep up and you don't "need" another cooler because of that.
But, if it would make you feel better, then I can recommend either be Quiet Dark Rock Slim (~60US$) or Scythe Mugen 5 (~50US$) for 5600X. I expect both will drop temps for about 5°C and both are very quiet. As both perform similar, you pick the one you like better visually.

ASK THE COMMUNITY