[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5600x cooler

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 22, 2022
Hi! I just purchased my new pc and its coming soon so i just wanna know some things. Is the ryzen 5 5600x stock cooler good enough? I already purchased the pc and forgot to buy a cooler. I think the normal one is kinda bad because its the worst amd cooler i think, but im gonna play only fortnite on the pc with 180fps cap or 165 so is the cpu going to overheat? My case is NZXT with 2 fans and my gpu is 3060 with 3 fans. Idk if the pc is going to get high temperatures i just wanna know do i really have to upgrade? And the other question is not the important, but what is the difference between hdmi and display port? They both have 165hz ( my monitor is 165hz ) but the hdmi has no g sync if im right. The thing is in fortnite there is no need of gsync, so i dont know which one to use. ( i have both at home)

Solution
So how can i know if the pc has bad airflow? And is my case trash? It is nzxt h510 flow.
That's a case with good airflow (it's in the name). Or at least, better airflow than others.

Without actually having the case or fans, a good indication of a case with poor airflow is:
  • Obstructions in front of the fan. Some cases have a front panel with maybe like a 3-5cm gap between the panel and the fans. These provide very little airflow.
  • Too few openings in places that move air. For example, not having vented expansion card slot covers can trap air around the expansion slots
  • Fan mounts in such a way that the airflow path doesn't follow a front-to-back path. The ATX form factor is designed around a front-to-back airflow...
Jul 22, 2022
The version of windows wont impact performance, only features. If you dont need any of the enterprise features, windows 10 pro is a waste of money.
Arent they like free? I just used an usb and windows media tool or something like that to upload it, so i can download windows to my new pc. And i wanna ask are the keys for windows 10 home cheaper? Or they are at the same price? I dont mind buying both just asking.

AlxR25

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
The AMD stock coolers are pretty reliable on my opinion, unless you want better airflow on your PC case I'd recommend you not use any aftermarket cooler. Also I'm using both DP and HDMI for work and gaming and personally I haven't noticed any difference in the performance or the visuals. Must be cuz I don't use g-sync

Jul 22, 2022
That's a case with good airflow (it's in the name). Or at least, better airflow than others.

Without actually having the case or fans, a good indication of a case with poor airflow is:
  • Obstructions in front of the fan. Some cases have a front panel with maybe like a 3-5cm gap between the panel and the fans. These provide very little airflow.
  • Too few openings in places that move air. For example, not having vented expansion card slot covers can trap air around the expansion slots
  • Fan mounts in such a way that the airflow path doesn't follow a front-to-back path. The ATX form factor is designed around a front-to-back airflow. Doing something like bottom-to-top without rotating the motherboard is an issue because now the video card is blocking most of that air.
I use an Arctic Freezer 34 with my 5600X. It does a plenty good job keeping the thing cool.
Is it better if my pc is on the desk then? Cuz idk i think the air is not that much on the ground if u know what i mean xd

Arent they like free? I just used an usb and windows media tool or something like that to upload it, so i can download windows to my new pc. And i wanna ask are the keys for windows 10 home cheaper? Or they are at the same price? I dont mind buying both just asking.
You can use Windows without activating it indefinitely. Just that some personalization features are restricted and you'll be nagged to activate it.

Buy keys only from Microsoft or authorized retailers. Do not buy from gray market sites like Kinguin or G2A, as they often are littered with people who obtained keys in a questionable manner.

Is it better if my pc is on the desk then? Cuz idk i think the air is not that much on the ground if u know what i mean xd
Unless you have shag carpet on the ground, it doesn't matter.

Jul 22, 2022
You can use Windows without activating it indefinitely. Just that some personalization features are restricted and you'll be nagged to activate it.

Buy keys only from Microsoft or authorized retailers. Do not buy from gray market sites like Kinguin or G2A, as they often are littered with people who obtained keys in a questionable manner.

I have 30 days free and then i want to but from a site that is famous i think idk if its trusted. Its 15 euros

Jul 22, 2022

Do you know if MCDkey offers, are trusted and not scam?