Jul 22, 2022
Hi! I just purchased my new pc and its coming soon so i just wanna know some things. Is the ryzen 5 5600x stock cooler good enough? I already purchased the pc and forgot to buy a cooler. I think the normal one is kinda bad because its the worst amd cooler i think, but im gonna play only fortnite on the pc with 180fps cap or 165 so is the cpu going to overheat? My case is NZXT with 2 fans and my gpu is 3060 with 3 fans. Idk if the pc is going to get high temperatures i just wanna know do i really have to upgrade? And the other question is not the important, but what is the difference between hdmi and display port? They both have 165hz ( my monitor is 165hz ) but the hdmi has no g sync if im right. The thing is in fortnite there is no need of gsync, so i dont know which one to use. ( i have both at home)

Solution
So how can i know if the pc has bad airflow? And is my case trash? It is nzxt h510 flow.
That's a case with good airflow (it's in the name). Or at least, better airflow than others.

Without actually having the case or fans, a good indication of a case with poor airflow is:
  • Obstructions in front of the fan. Some cases have a front panel with maybe like a 3-5cm gap between the panel and the fans. These provide very little airflow.
  • Too few openings in places that move air. For example, not having vented expansion card slot covers can trap air around the expansion slots
  • Fan mounts in such a way that the airflow path doesn't follow a front-to-back path. The ATX form factor is designed around a front-to-back airflow...
You can give the stock cooler a shot, in most cases it is generally "good enough" but loud.
If its not up to the task, then go ahead with an aftermarket cooler.

As for HDMI vs DP, you can find many comparisons online, but I would suggest DP first.

Jul 22, 2022
You can give the stock cooler a shot, in most cases it is generally "good enough" but loud.
If its not up to the task, then go ahead with an aftermarket cooler.

As for HDMI vs DP, you can find many comparisons online, but I would suggest DP first.
I found an option in BIOS where i can just put it to MAX speed sooo… A friend told me its loud, but is it going to fix the temperatures? If they are even bad.

I found an option in BIOS where i can just put it to MAX speed sooo… A friend told me its loud, but is it going to fix the temperatures? If they are even bad.
Setting the fan to max speed at all times would just be a waste.
The processor will dictate what speeds it needs, as speed up accordingly. If it needs to run at max speed, it will.
Having it run at max speed when temps are low is just extra noise.

Jul 22, 2022
The case and its fans are just as responsible as, if not more than, the cooler of the CPU for keeping temperatures down. If there's little airflow in the case, then it doesn't matter how fast the CPU cooler fan spins.

Also you can have poorly designed cases such that 12 fans produces zero effective airflow
So how can i know if the pc has bad airflow? And is my case trash? It is nzxt h510 flow.

Jul 22, 2022
Setting the fan to max speed at all times would just be a waste.
The processor will dictate what speeds it needs, as speed up accordingly. If it needs to run at max speed, it will.
Having it run at max speed when temps are low is just extra noise.
Ok but if i have bad temps what cooler should i get? My budget is like 40 euros :c.

Thats a pretty tight budget given the markups for those sites.
Personally, I would make do with the stock cooler for now, doing your best to manage temps (which shouldnt be too difficult, your case seems decent enough), and save up money for a bigger cooler if necessary.
You should be able to run the processor just fine with the stock cooler in the mean time.

Jul 22, 2022
Personally, I would make do with the stock cooler for now, doing your best to manage temps (which shouldnt be too difficult, your case seems decent enough), and save up money for a bigger cooler if necessary.
You should be able to run the processor just fine with the stock cooler in the mean time.
Nice but if i have no problems is there a point of upgrading in the future just for a little less temperatures? And also when my pc arrives i dont know which windows to download windows 10 pro, or the regular one? If u can help me decide thats will be great!

Jul 22, 2022
J
Just saying that the site is in bulgarian lev which is like 2x smaller than 1 euro so its like, 40 euros - 80 bulgarian levs.

That's a case with good airflow (it's in the name). Or at least, better airflow than others.

Without actually having the case or fans, a good indication of a case with poor airflow is:
  • Obstructions in front of the fan. Some cases have a front panel with maybe like a 3-5cm gap between the panel and the fans. These provide very little airflow.
  • Too few openings in places that move air. For example, not having vented expansion card slot covers can trap air around the expansion slots
  • Fan mounts in such a way that the airflow path doesn't follow a front-to-back path. The ATX form factor is designed around a front-to-back airflow. Doing something like bottom-to-top without rotating the motherboard is an issue because now the video card is blocking most of that air.
Yeaah man i have heard about the expensive one, and i know its really good for low temperatures.
I use an Arctic Freezer 34 with my 5600X. It does a plenty good job keeping the thing cool.

Solution