Anno YT/TTV

Commendable
Sep 19, 2019
I have recently ( a month or two) have been using the Ryzen 5 5600x with the stock wraith cooler and have had no problems till now, I had average temps based on the forums and could barely hear the stock cooler fan. All of a sudden a terrible problems has occurred, this is regarding the heat of my CPU and the fan usage. Whilst Idle , I am constantly staying at 90-95 degrees Celsius without playing any games, I simply have YouTube open. I am also having a usage of 100% on my fan's which make it whir like a storm. This problems starts a few seconds after my boot up ; this issue has just sprang up out of thin air and i have noticed it roughly a week ago, didn't think much of it but it came to my attention since it is whirring like a tornado. I am asking the kind people tom's hardware if there are any solutions to this problem, If so please don't be afraid to comment.

Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

GPU: ROG STRIX RTX 2070 super 8GB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 16 GB

Storage: 1TB SSD | 1TB HDD

PSU: EVGA 650 B3

MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F

Case: Cooler Master H500

Kind Regards ,

Anno

Solution
Idle is idle, youtube is a load and not idle at all. And youtube has been know to not close properly and end up in loops similar to Chrome.

So you have a software issue. No other explanation. Forget task manager as that only uses highest core/temp outputs, not entire cpu, use HWInfo and look at per core speeds, voltages, temps, usage.

If it was a hardware issue, you'd not be seeing those speeds and temps, the cpu would take a minute or more and steadily climb until shutdown. Something kicking the pc that high, that fast requires a substantial load, somewhere.

Do an Antivirus and a malware check, both of them.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
I am looking on task manager and the utilisation is 3% , speed is 3.8-3.95 ghz, 3600-3700 threads. Those are the stats on task manager yet my pc is still whirring with fans max speed and the temp is 90-95 and this is all whilst idle
Is it possible your CPU cooler got bumped or moved out of position?
I think maybe a removal and re-paste and reinstall might help.
Do you hve pets?
Ive seen PCs full of hair and/or lint clogging them up and making cooling ineffective .

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Idle is idle, youtube is a load and not idle at all. And youtube has been know to not close properly and end up in loops similar to Chrome.

So you have a software issue. No other explanation. Forget task manager as that only uses highest core/temp outputs, not entire cpu, use HWInfo and look at per core speeds, voltages, temps, usage.

If it was a hardware issue, you'd not be seeing those speeds and temps, the cpu would take a minute or more and steadily climb until shutdown. Something kicking the pc that high, that fast requires a substantial load, somewhere.

Solution

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021

He said it starts a few sec after boot up, so I agree a bout viruses because he is having this before opening apps even.