Question Ryzen 5 5600x high temps

Aug 7, 2022
I bought my Ryzen 5 5600x a week ago and ive been experiencing a few problems in temperature, like being 55 celcius and more while idle and around 82 while gaming.

I have the stock cooler provided with the cpu but i have the asrock a320-m hdv r4. (with updated bios)

I have 3 front intake fans and 3 more (exhaust and 2 intakes)

Should i get an AIO cooler or could it be because of my motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
For the sake of relevance, can you state the version to your BIOS? A lot of people come around here stating, latest only to find out that there was one or more updates pending. What processor were you on prior to the Ryzen 5 5600x? Make and model of your PSU and it's age if it's been in service?

Aug 7, 2022
For the sake of relevance, can you state the version to your BIOS? A lot of people come around here stating, latest only to find out that there was one or more updates pending. What processor were you on prior to the Ryzen 5 5600x? Make and model of your PSU and it's age if it's been in service?

i updated my bios over to 7.20, as the asrock website says its the latest update.

before my current processor i had a ryzen 3 3200g and i got a corsair rm850 about a month ago.
To be honest, i never checked my temps on my previous processor, but i could guess they were high as well.

Aug 7, 2022
What cooler are you using and what app are you using to get a temperature reading?

EDIT: Nevermind about the cooler, I skimmed over that. Those temps are expected out of a stock cooler.

i knew my temps wouldnt be as good as a good aio/air cooler but i wasnt expecting the temps on the stock cooler to be that bad...
currently im using the NZXTcam to check my temps

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I bought my Ryzen 5 5600x a week ago and ive been experiencing a few problems in temperature, like being 55 celcius and more while idle and around 82 while gaming.

I have the stock cooler provided with the cpu but i have the asrock a320-m hdv r4. (with updated bios)

I have 3 front intake fans and 3 more (exhaust and 2 intakes)

Should i get an AIO cooler or could it be because of my motherboard?
If the case has a side panel with no ventilation cut into it and you have a gpu that can dump a decent amount of heat inside the PC, the Wraith Stealth suffers, because there is no cool air reaching it while the gpu is in use.
None at all.
The solution is a tower air cooler or AIO/CLC.

i knew my temps wouldnt be as good as a good aio/air cooler but i wasnt expecting the temps on the stock cooler to be that bad...
currently im using the NZXTcam to check my temps
NZXT CAM, as well as every other monitoring app that only pulls one CPU temp value, uses the hottest spot of the CPU. Use HWiNFO to get more temperature readings. It's likely the average temperature is ~20C less.

EDIT: If the average CPU clock speed is still floating well above 4.0 GHz and in games you don't experience frequent hitching due to the CPU having mood swings about the clock speed, I don't think you necessarily need a new cooler. But I won't tell you to not get an aftermarket one if you want.