[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5600x or Intel i7 10700k

xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Hi! Im sorry i have to open a new thread but new stuff has happened regarding my 2021 build...

I was heasitating between the 5600x and the 10600k but looking a local stores i see theres no much of a difference between 5600x and 10700k
I will be running both of them with hyper 212 evo

So i asked you guys once again , what should i buy...

The main use for this PC will be work. It has to be good with Ubuntu and linux based softwares. I dont want to be troubleshoting an AMD system and i know Intel is best in compatibility
Also i think an 8/16 would be more future proof than the 6/12 5600x but then you see those benchs and its all doubt.

thanks in advance!

As for cooling solutions, the Hyper212 EVO was considered marginal for a 7700K if I recall correctly. (Not sure I'd trust it to adequately keep cool either of your choices, but, if you already have it, you can test it yourself...)

The gaming benchmarks seem to indicate 6c/12t is indeed 'enough' for gaming, but, if buying now, as long as the price jump was not exorbitant, I doubt anyone would argue against 8 cores/16 threads, and, the extra threads/cores would certainly come in handy for the gaming live streamers. (Many folks have been claiming 8 cores would be 'almost mandatory in six months' time' for even basic games for at least 3.5 years or so...)

I´ve seen Jay´s video but the new tech of the 5600x remains tempting to me...
Inspite of AMDs new tech, the 10700k is slightly better in non gaming tasks compared to the 5600x, also the extra cores and threads will server you longer. AMD has better upgradability ofcourse.
So, since your primary use case is "work", the extra cores and threads of 10700k will serve you better.

xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Im planning on running any of those with the hyper 212 and i wont be doing any OC neither on the 5600x or 10700k

The only feeling holding me back is that "im buying older tech by buying a 10700k"

But also i dont want to be flashing bios and dealing with issues with the new and green Zen 3 5600x

"I dont want to be troubleshooting an AMD system and i know Intel is best in compatibility"

Best in compatibility on what? This isn't 2005. AMD systems are totally amazing now and the only thing you have to do is flash the BIOS on a B550 and put a Ryzen 5000 in that and done. If the box says "Ryzen 5000 ready" you won't even have to flash the BIOS.

ASK THE COMMUNITY