[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5600x unstable temps?

Apr 22, 2021
Hello, I would like the connoisseurs to clarify this question for me, I recently acquired a ryzen 5 5600x and I saw that the temperature scales go up and down, for example I use chrome, it stays at 37ºC and then rises out of nowhere to 45 ºC and then it goes back down to 37ºC or 38ºC or less, as well as the frequency is the same case it is at 4.1Ghz and then it goes down to 3.8 and then it goes up and like this, is this normal? I mean the temperature (because I think the frequency thing is normal), shouldn't it be kept at a stable temperature? That is, a continuous temperature 36,37,38,36, regarding games this does not happen, normally in games the frequency is maintained at 4650Mhz and the temperatures are usually between 50-70 depending on the game but this maintains a continuous temperature.
Sorry if English is bad, use google translate

Solution
"is this normal? "
Yes...jumps like this are common.
"37ºC and then rises out of nowhere to 45 ºC and then it goes back down to 37ºC or 38ºC or less, "
Apr 22, 2021
"is this normal? "
Yes...jumps like this are common.
"37ºC and then rises out of nowhere to 45 ºC and then it goes back down to 37ºC or 38ºC or less, "
Thanks for your answer I thought that maybe I applied the thermal paste badly or maybe there was a bad ventilation inside the case. (This is the first time I've measured temperatures on a computer and I was curious if it was normal for temperatures to rise and fall in the blink of an eye)

Thanks for your answer I thought that maybe I applied the thermal paste badly or maybe there was a bad ventilation inside the case. (This is the first time I've measured temperatures on a computer and I was curious if it was normal for temperatures to rise and fall in the blink of an eye)
You're welcome.
Max temp on that CPU is 95C...but I would try and keep it under 80C which shouldn't be hard.

The temps are going to jump though and they can jump a lot more than from 37 to 45. That's OK....as long as you don't get too hot....which in my book is about 80C.

Frozenyojk

Honorable
Sep 8, 2016
May I ask you what cooler you're using?
I've bought my R5 5600x just yesterday and with stock cooler im seeing in Cinebench 95 degrees. In normal game scenario - 80 degs and in desktop/browsing regim- around 50/60.
Im little bit worried about this :oops:

May 22, 2021
May I ask you what cooler you're using?
I've bought my R5 5600x just yesterday and with stock cooler im seeing in Cinebench 95 degrees. In normal game scenario - 80 degs and in desktop/browsing regim- around 50/60.
Im little bit worried about this :oops:
95 is definitely high, and in normal use 40-50 is what I've usually seen.