Question Ryzen 5 5600X will only POST with one stick of RAM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2022
so i upgraded my cpu from 1600 to 5600x and it only posts with 1 stick of ram. I already did update the bios and reset cmos, i tried the old cpu and it works just fine and im 100% sure the new cpu doesn't have any bent pins.
the motherboard is Asrock ab350m pro4 on bios 7.20
ram is G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200

D

Deleted member 362816

When you remove the old cpu, I would advise to unplug the desktop from the wall and remove the cmos battery on the motherboard to reset all the settings. Make sure to look in you motherboard manual to ensure you are using the correct 2 slots for that ram should be 2nd and 4th.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Do you remember what BIOS version you had originally? Looking at your motherboards support page, there are quite a few complicated steps you need to follow when updating your way up to version 7.20, did you follow them all or just update straight to 7.20?

Jun 30, 2022
Do you remember what BIOS version you had originally? Looking at your motherboards support page, there are quite a few complicated steps you need to follow when updating your way up to version 7.20, did you follow them all or just update straight to 7.20?

sorry for the late answer, my BIOS was 3.40 and i did follow the steps i didn't jump straight to 7.20 but i only did reset the BIOS for the 7.20 only.
i just hope the problem is in the motherboard because i don't mind buying a new one :(

When you remove the old cpu, I would advise to unplug the desktop from the wall and remove the cmos battery on the motherboard to reset all the settings. Make sure to look in you motherboard manual to ensure you are using the correct 2 slots for that ram should be 2nd and 4th.
i did try both the 2 ram slots and it didn't work i even enabled the XMP and its still the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.