Question Ryzen 5 7500f best PBO settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2023
I didn't even know the 7500f existed until now, probably because it wasn't really talked about.
Yeah hahaha. It's an unknown CPU i think, it came with a prebuilt pc so it was a good deal for me. I'm really foreign to these cpu undervolting and pbo stuff so i don't even know if i can do what is done in the video or if it's needed. If somebody does it will be awesome.

Reactions: Order 66
Oct 24, 2023
You could also just run the curve optimizer through Ryzen Master which will undervolt the CPU and reduce temps.
Would it be as safe as bios way though? Like would it randomly return back to the OG settings or is doing it one time enough?

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
Yeah hahaha. It's an unknown CPU i think, it came with a prebuilt pc so it was a good deal for me. I'm really foreign to these cpu undervolting and pbo stuff so i don't even know if i can do what is done in the video or if it's needed. If somebody does it will be awesome.
The curve optimizer that I mentioned is automatic, you just enable it and it will automatically undervolt, however it will take some time, usually 30-45 minutes.

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
Would it be as safe as bios way though? Like would it randomly return back to the OG settings or is doing it one time enough?
I would say (as far as safety as concerned) doing it through the OS or the BIOS are equally safe as long as you don't set it to apply automatically on reboot. This is a recipe for disaster if the change you make is unstable because the PC will continually restart to try to correct the error sometimes.

Reactions: pmannyx

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
I might have to recommend this CPU for budget PC builds, since I didn't know there was anything cheaper than the 7600.

Reactions: pmannyx
Status
Not open for further replies.