Ryzen 5 and Windows 7

May 27, 2018
So I upgraded from an Fx CPU to Ryzen, got an ASUS B350, Corsair Vengance DDR4 RAM and the R5 2600 processor. Mouse and keyboard work in the bios but not on windows itself. In fact if I let the computer load it sets on the desktop for about 2 minutes before giving me a BSoD. The BSoD I'm fairly certain is from having AMD Overdrive installed. The only way the computer loads is in safe mode but again, no mouse and keyboard.

Through research I've discovered that something something Windows 7 doesn't have USB installed on there and I'll need to install it or whatever from a flash drive or do an OS ISO. The MoBo also does not have a PS/2 port so that's out of the question.

Long story short, I've seen several "work arounds" to work with Windows 7 but haven't even figured out if I can truly and stably run Ryzen on Win7 (and I am aware AMD has said there is no support for Win7... AFTER I BOUGHT EVERYTHING). Are these viable? Or am I just better off buying (RIP Budget) Windows 10 and going from there? And if I go the Win10 route, do I install it on my computer currently (With the Fx chip and MoBo) and just switch the CPU and MoBo or do I figure out how to boot it with my B350?

May 27, 2018

I've never heard of this. So I install Win10 onto a thumbdrive, boot it and use my Win7 key even though it's already activated on my current computer?

May 27, 2018

So could I deactivate the key? It's not on a separate computer per se, it's on my current computer. I'm swapping out the AM3 mobo for an AM4. Could I deactivate the current Win7 key on my AM3 and then use it for Win10?

May 27, 2018

Fair enough, worth a shot. Now part two: With the B350 and Ryzen installed I can't use USB slots after Bios, will I be able to use them for installing Win10?