Question Ryzen 5 Build Question

DarkWhite

Commendable
Mar 8, 2019
Hello Guys,

Am upgrading my build now, what do you think of the below:

Ryzen 5 2600x
Mobo Asus Tuff Gaming X470 or MSI Gaming Pro X470 or Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming X470 (didn’t choose what is the best)
Ballistix 16gb ram 3000mhz or the Vengeance 16gb 3000mhz from Corsair
VS650 psu by Corsair
RX 580 8GB black core edition by XFX
SSD 120 gb and hdd 1 tb

I use the build for minimal video editing, pubg steam, and pubg emulator on 1080p, is it a good build?

A liquid cooling is gonna make a difference, or shall i go with air cooling like the stock or cooler master after market?

Current build:
Mobo p55a ud3 gigabyte
i5 2.8 760
1333mhz kingston ram 6gb
Rx 580 8gb

The build is good for daily use but sucks on gaming.

Thank youuu..

Well, I would avoid the VS650 PSU, those have low-end capacitors prone to failure. For ram, as long as both are 3000 or 3200, get whatever is cheaper, but 3200 will see a minor performance bump over 3000. Also, I would get a B450 mobo since they are cheaper and can still overclock the CPU. The only feature x470 has over b450 is sli, which isn't recommended anymore and doesn't apply to AMD cards. 240gb for the boot drive is much better than a 120gb, and they aren't much more expensive. I have a 120gb as boot and I seriously considering moving windows over to my 240gb SSD since 120gb fills quickly. 2600 is fine as the x isnt much faster to justify the higher price. You can overclock both to around 4.0ghz on most motherboards anyhow.

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If you want some decent aftermarket cooling for the cpu is the new (relative) Cooler Master 212 Black Editon a good choice or the Cryorig M9 Plus,both normally not too expensive. I would just let the cpu do it's "turbo thing" instead of overclocking it. The better cooler will likely help with that.

DarkWhite

Commendable
Mar 8, 2019
If you want some decent aftermarket cooling for the cpu is the new (relative) Cooler Master 212 Black Editon a good choice or the Cryorig M9 Plus,both normally not too expensive. I would just let the cpu do it's "turbo thing" instead of overclocking it. The better cooler will likely help with that.

Thank you Vic. This is the next step for me, installing an after market CPU cooler, as i am an emulator gamer and most of the games i play rely heavily on the CPU.

DarkWhite

Commendable
Mar 8, 2019
Personally, the SSD is way too small
Got to be at least 250GB and the 1TB drive is probably that WD Blue one everyone seems to pick, but the Hitachi one is better and its 2TB for $7 more.

Yep, you're right, most people told me this. I am thinking of the Samsung 970 EVO 250GB M.2 NVME SSD, the one i have now was on sale and i got it for only $15, and it was already connected to GSATA3 on my Gigabyte UD3 motherboard, terrible performance and below average benchmark.

Yep, you're right, most people told me this. I am thinking of the Samsung 970 EVO 250GB M.2 NVME SSD, the one i have now was on sale and i got it for only $15, and it was already connected to GSATA3 on my Gigabyte UD3 motherboard, terrible performance and below average benchmark.

Check out the newer Evos Plus - its performs like a PRO - and should be about the same price as the 970 Evo (since this is the new one they started making a few months ago).

FSP makes some of the best OEM psus, however there are some better priced enthusiast powersupplies from companies like seasonic, antec units using seasonic design, corsair, and evga.
The Ryzen 7 2700 turbos to 4.1ghz, just 200mhz behind the 2700x but the 2700 is much cheaper, by about $50 and still offers the same core/ thread count and cache configuration as the 2700x.
The 2600x will do the job with its 12 threads and it is 50 bucks under the 2700. Your choice what you want to spend

DarkWhite

Commendable
Mar 8, 2019
Well, unfortunately FSP isn't available here in Jordan, Corsair, Xigmatek, Seasonic, Cooler Master, HuntKey, are the only brands i found, and they're not cheap at all.

Getting a 650w PSU will cost you around $100-$110.

I got my Corsair 650w on sale for $60, non-modular.

For the CPU, i got the 2600 for a better price than 2600x, and i don't even know how to overclock and didn't even think about it. I am a light gamer, and do render few videos per month. So the build now is perfect for my games and daily browsing routine and use.

DarkWhite

Commendable
Mar 8, 2019
Nice. Should work like you need.

Thanks a lot.

This is it now, my first time trying to build my own pc, the struggle is real, hehehe.

2upwvhx.jpg