Question Ryzen 5 / Corsair vengeance compatability?

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I have

Ryzen 5 2600 stock cooler

MSI b450 tomahawk

RTX 2060 6gb asus rog

16gb ddr4 Corsair vengeance rgb pro @ 2933mhz using xmb profile 2 on my mobo
(16-20-20-38 timings)
Model # CMW16GX4M2D3000C16

My question is, I’m new to all but I noticed when running games /browsing I get upwards of 30k faults a second in performance monitor is that a sign my ram isn’t fully compatible or something is off somewhere?

This happens even when using only 4-5gb of ram so I have plenty of extra just not sure what’s causing this. Not even sure if it’s a bad thing I just saw faults in the monitor and it doesn’t sound good. And also my fps in games is somewhat lacking during intense areas and 1 core of my cpu (core #7) hits 100% and the others barely 10%. Not sure if this is all related or not. But need some help. Thanks

Last edited:

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013

DavidM012

Distinguished
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#support-mem-14

CMW16GX4M2D3000C16 is not qvl for tomahawk

The nearest CMW variant on qvl is

CMW64GX4M8C3200C16

The CMW 16/32/64 segment refers to whether it is a 16gb 32gb or 64gb kit of 8gb dimms eg. 2x8 4x8 8x8.

So you would need something like CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 This is not a recommendation it is an example to help you interpret the qvl.

You aren't limited to Corsair dimms if none of them suit your wishes. There are a dozen vendors on the qvl. But only a few dimms might suit your requirements of being 3000mhz

You can then search the part number for prices. You can also use for example gskill/corsair memory finder each vendor will have a memory finder that will help you filter qvl compatible dimms.

Send back the dimms you have say bought in error if the original vendor has the different dimms you select in stock they may allow you to part exchange and/or charge a handling fee for returns if you ask them.

The memory will run at default speeds non qvl, that it runs at 2933 is better than 'board won't post with dimms' so they are slightly more compatible but not completely.

It may be possible there are non-qvl dimms that are compatible if you can suss out the oem's that manufacture the ram but people finding that stuff are either randomly but obliviously picking dimms that work by chance or else have a lot more experience.

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#support-mem-14

CMW16GX4M2D3000C16 is not qvl for tomahawk

The nearest CMW variant on qvl is

CMW64GX4M8C3200C16

The CMW 16/32/64 segment refers to whether it is a 16gb 32gb or 64gb kit of 8gb dimms eg. 2x8 4x8 8x8.

So you would need something like CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 This is not a recommendation it is an example to help you interpret the qvl.

You aren't limited to Corsair dimms if none of them suit your wishes. There are a dozen vendors on the qvl. But only a few dimms might suit your requirements of being 3000mhz

You can then search the part number for prices. You can also use for example gskill/corsair memory finder each vendor will have a memory finder that will help you filter qvl compatible dimms.

Send back the dimms you have say bought in error if the original vendor has the different dimms you select in stock they may allow you to part exchange and/or charge a handling fee for returns if you ask them.

The memory will run at default speeds non qvl, that it runs at 2933 is better than 'board won't post with dimms' so they are slightly more compatible but not completely.

It may be possible there are non-qvl dimms that are compatible if you can suss out the oem's that manufacture the ram but people finding that stuff are either randomly but obliviously picking dimms that work by chance or else have a lot more experience.
thanks can you recommend any good ram? I was considering some gskill trident 3200 /cl16 or even the flare x 3200/c14 but will going from $120 ram to $200 ram make that much a difference?

I have the Corsair ones I posted installed currently and it does run at 2933. But since it’s not “supportted” is that causing any other issues? My performance does seem low for having a 2060 @1080p and I get ALOT of memory cache faults. Could that be the cause or both?

TRENDING THREADS