Question Ryzen 5 high idle temp(80°c),one core reported at 16°C

sestanluka

Prominent
Mar 2, 2018
Hi guys
I recently built my ryzen 5 3600 pc.
The thing that worries me is that my idle temp is 83°c but only on one core and the rest are at 45-50°c exept one that is reported as 16°c and i know that is not possible with a stock cooler.Ryzen master and HWinfo report the same temp of 83,smart fan 5 in bios reports 45°c.The cpu is running stock
Im running the latest gigabyte b450i aorus bios-F42g

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If RyzenMaster is reporting same, then you have an improper mount of your cooler. Remove it, clean the thermal paste and try again, following the instructions closely.

I don't recall offhand, but does the stock Ryzen cooler have any protective plastic over the pre-applied thermal paste?

sestanluka

Prominent
Mar 2, 2018
If RyzenMaster is reporting same, then you have an improper mount of your cooler. Remove it, clean the thermal paste and try again, following the instructions closely.

I don't recall offhand, but does the stock Ryzen cooler have any protective plastic over the pre-applied thermal paste?
I remounted the cooler,replaced the thermal paste,and there was no plastic cover i removed that prior to instalation.There was no change in temperatures. I ran prime 95 for a few minutes and my temps got to 95C and HWMonitor was reporting only one core at that temperature same as ryzen master,others at 45 and one at 16C(this one doesnt change whatever i do to the cpu).