Question Ryzen 5 perfromance issues (1 year ago- perfectly fine, now - very bad)

Jul 2, 2022
Ever since I reformatted my PC 2 weeks ago I have been running into ram/cpu problems on both FL studio and Warzone (Game). I have had my pc run massive project files in the past, all while 100 tabs on chrome are open, vice versa with warzone and never ran into problems, but I can't even get done composing half a song without FL studio cpu usage goes to 100 (this causes stuttering and latency) Nowdays I have to close all my tabs before I game/produce which I never did back when it was working perfectly & I still get FPS drops/CPU issues. Can anyone help me?

screenshot of fl studio problem: https://prnt.sc/EYMSgij2kGPq

My current build -

MB - Asrock AB350 Pro4 Motherboard with Chip Grey
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz /19MB / 65W
Memory - Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15W Vengeance LPX 16gb 2x8gb DDR4 3000 MHz C15 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, White
PS - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2, 80+ GOLD 650W

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Any time you do a reformat, you have to go back and reload all your base level drivers. Make sure to install the motherboard level stuff and chipset/GPU drivers all by hand. Don't count on OS loading the optimal drivers.

Additionally, are you monitoring temps? Do you regularly clean dust from this machine?

Jul 2, 2022
Any time you do a reformat, you have to go back and reload all your base level drivers. Make sure to install the motherboard level stuff and chipset/GPU drivers all by hand. Don't count on OS loading the optimal drivers.

Additionally, are you monitoring temps? Do you regularly clean dust from this machine?

Oh wow I didn't know this, I just usually reformat, open cmd and clean c drive. Do you know where to get all "base level drivers" for all ym devices. I see drivereasy when I googled and I know full well it's malware lol

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Oh wow I didn't know this, I just usually reformat, open cmd and clean c drive. Do you know where to get all "base level drivers" for all ym devices. I see drivereasy when I googled and I know full well it's malware lol

Go to your motherboard manufacturer site and load all the appropriate drivers and utilities (if you need them). I generally go "to the source" for chipset drivers, so in your case the AMD website. Go to your GPU manufacturer site for the newest driver for that.

Windows will typically load base and/or generic drivers which are enough to get the system up and running. Commonly they are not the optimal driver for performance.

Don't use "driver updaters" as in most cases they are junk, or worse.

Jul 2, 2022
Go to your motherboard manufacturer site and load all the appropriate drivers and utilities (if you need them). I generally go "to the source" for chipset drivers, so in your case the AMD website. Go to your GPU manufacturer site for the newest driver for that.

Windows will typically load base and/or generic drivers which are enough to get the system up and running. Commonly they are not the optimal driver for performance.

thanks, Im downloading em now i'll let you know How I get on

Jul 2, 2022

I have updated chipset and gpu drivers and still the same problem persists.

TRENDING THREADS