[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G and motherboard?

Zaishens

Reputable
Aug 2, 2016
Hello gentle(wo)men,

I recently bought a Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G as an upgrade to my 2200G, but alas it doesn't seem to work on my Asrock B450 ITX MB (no signal to momitor).
I thought as they are both AM4 it would be supported by my board.
Should have done some more research before buying this chip, as I see now that the 4650G is not on the support list for my MB (while the 5000 series are).
I already updated my BIOS to 4.10 (AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 PI 1.0.0.6 ) even though that is not adviced for my current (raven ridge) cpu (which still works fine).

I can still try to update to 4.20, maybe that will help (or harm my current set-up)?
Or should I give up as it is not on the list ?
Or should I contact Asrock to as about support of this cpu?
Is there anything else I can do to make this CPU work (like other RAM, reset BIOS), as I don't even know if this CPU even works?
I could ofcourse buy a new MB that officially supports 4650G, but that defeats my purpose of a cheap cpu+gfx (apu).

Any help/advice is welcome.

Best regards,
Dominique

Solution
Thanks for the suggestion, that might be the motherboard I will buy if I can't get things to work.
But since i cannot return my motherboard anymore, im looking at making things work first.
With your current b450 motherboard u cant,it just doesnt support that processor
Jan 23, 2021
Hello gentle(wo)men,

I recently bought a Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G as an upgrade to my 2200G, but alas it doesn't seem to work on my Asrock B450 ITX MB (no signal to momitor).
I thought as they are both AM4 it would be supported by my board.
Should have done some more research before buying this chip, as I see now that the 4650G is not on the support list for my MB (while the 5000 series are).
I already updated my BIOS to 4.10 (AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 PI 1.0.0.6 ) even though that is not adviced for my current (raven ridge) cpu (which still works fine).

I can still try to update to 4.20, maybe that will help (or harm my current set-up)?
Or should I give up as it is not on the list ?
Or should I contact Asrock to as about support of this cpu?
Is there anything else I can do to make this CPU work (like other RAM, reset BIOS), as I don't even know if this CPU even works?
I could ofcourse buy a new MB that officially supports 4650G, but that defeats my purpose of a cheap cpu+gfx (apu).

Any help/advice is welcome.

Best regards,
Dominique

I'm in a similar situation, but my system has an older CPU (Athlon 240GE). I just received the Ryzen 5 4650G this week, and contacted ASRock tech support; which didn't give much added information apart from what's already available on ASRock's website.
Did you try the P4.20 BIOS with the Ryzen 5 4650G?
I haven't yet, as I fear that ASRock dropped Athlon support in their newer BIOSes for the B450 fatal1ty ITX/ac...
According to this AGESA changelog, only mention of Renoir (Ryzen 4000-series) was in the changelog for "Combo-AM4v2Pi 1.0.8.1":
https://botflakes.github.io/ASRockWiki/beta_bios/info/about_agesa

P4.20 should have AGESA version AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.1.0.0 patch C