[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 Vega 8 laptop performance?

rayko556

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
This is the thing, I am helping my sister replace her old HP laptop (really old, almost non-functional) so she can use for college, but she also likes playing occasional Starcraft 2 with all my siblings.
I thought first finding a laptop with an Nvidia 940mx, yet I can't find any good deal on it (we are on a budget) even on refurbished laptops.
I came across multiple Rzyen 5 2400u/vega8 iGPU laptop deals. I know Ryzen is solid, I have a desktop PC with it; however, I have no idea about the iGPU vega 8. other than that the laptops seem solid.
Anyone had experienced a laptop carrying a vega 8 laptop? would it be worth it? good performance? or at least enough performance?
we are NOT looking for ultra graphs, 60 FPS, maybe just the 30+ FPS any setting so she can actually play Starcraft 2 without the heavy stutter of an old laptop.
thank you all beforehand!

rayko556

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
The Nvidia MX 940 is outdated and has been replaced by MX 130 but both are terrible for gaming. Also, a lot of laptops use their ddr3 models that are even worse.

AMD Ryzen-5 2500U is pretty good and offers great value for money.

It will be worth it.

HP Envy x360 15
Lenovo Ideapad 330s 15
Lenovo Flex 2-in-1 14

We ended up getting a Lenovo flex with a Ryzen 5 and Vega 8 laptop. as you mentioned it was great for what we paid for. Thanks!