[SOLVED] Ryzen 5000 Bios Update (MSI X570 Gaming Plus)

DarthBatman

Commendable
Jul 26, 2020
Hey guys so I picked up a 5900x a few weeks ago and I’d like to install it in a few days. I just have a quick question regarding the bios.

I currently run a Ryzen 3700x. I was running the same bios since I built the PC in August of last year.

I just successfully updated the bios to the latest version the board supports(7C37vAD). However it doesn’t explicitly state that it supports Ryzen 5000 on the website. The one that does is a few months older .

The most recent bios for the x570 Gaming Plus is 7C37vAD. Can I trust that this will allow me to upgrade my CPU ? Or do I have to find the the slightly older bios that specifically mentions Agesa?

In general should I expect latest bios versions to include all previous updates as well? All help appreciated. Thanks

Solution
Hey guys so I picked up a 5900x a few weeks ago and I’d like to install it in a few days. I just have a quick question regarding the bios.

I currently run a Ryzen 3700x. I was running the same bios since I built the PC in August of last year.

I just successfully updated the bios to the latest version the board supports(7C37vAD). However it doesn’t explicitly state that it supports Ryzen 5000 on the website. The one that does is a few months older .

The most recent bios for the x570 Gaming Plus is 7C37vAD. Can I trust that this will allow me to upgrade my CPU ? Or do I have to find the the slightly older bios that specifically mentions Agesa?

In general should I expect latest bios versions to include all previous updates as...

In general should I expect latest bios versions to include all previous updates as well? All help appreciated. Thanks
The compatibility page for that board shows support for R9 5900X starts with 7C37vAB. Any release after that will also support it.

Last edited:
Solution