[SOLVED] Ryzen 5000 Series Bios Update

Nov 16, 2020
I have a Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS Motherboard and I'm getting the Ryzen 5800x CPU. I know it needs a bios update but it doesn't have bios flashback. I has something called EZ Flashback though but you need a cpu to boot into the bios for it to work. If I put the 5800x in will it boot into bios even without the update?

Solution
If you have the board, then I'm assuming you have an older gen processor? If so, you can update the BIOS following the conventional route. I would advise not to use CrashFree BIOS setup since it could brick the board beyond recovery.

If you have a shop nearby, perhaps ask them if they could drop in a 3000 series processor and update the BIOS for you.

To note, what you have is EZ Flash, not EZ Flashback(per your motherboard manual). Flashback boards have a button on the back and a port dedicated to flashing a BIOS without a processor on the board.

Lutfij

Titan
If you have the board, then I'm assuming you have an older gen processor? If so, you can update the BIOS following the conventional route. I would advise not to use CrashFree BIOS setup since it could brick the board beyond recovery.

If you have a shop nearby, perhaps ask them if they could drop in a 3000 series processor and update the BIOS for you.

To note, what you have is EZ Flash, not EZ Flashback(per your motherboard manual). Flashback boards have a button on the back and a port dedicated to flashing a BIOS without a processor on the board.

Reactions: ACTPlays
Solution

TRENDING THREADS