[SOLVED] Ryzen 5000 series stock

May 11, 2020
Hello,
anyone knows when is AMD going to fill their ryzen 5000 stock? Ive missed first day launch and really want to buy one of those.
Thanks

Solution
You can make just so many at any given time and starting a new product manufacture is not easy, it takes some time for production to ramp up. It's illusory to expect otherwise.
To have a great number of a product at very beginning of sales would mean to run production for some time before sales started which would inflict great loss of revenue in mean time.
Even after production starts, a product has to run gauntlet of wholesalers, distributors, preorders and scalpers to get to us "Ordinary users".
You have to admire the scam these companies are running. Flood youtube with hype reviews and limit stock to the point where the actual real world cost is 2/300 higher than the amazing advertised low price. Sellout to bots in seconds then months till repeat. Putting together a build with the latest hardware at advertised and promoted prices is bordering on fantasy island.

You can make just so many at any given time and starting a new product manufacture is not easy, it takes some time for production to ramp up. It's illusory to expect otherwise.
To have a great number of a product at very beginning of sales would mean to run production for some time before sales started which would inflict great loss of revenue in mean time.
Even after production starts, a product has to run gauntlet of wholesalers, distributors, preorders and scalpers to get to us "Ordinary users".

Solution

Coldbayne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
All sold out already :) 5600X was available but if you click on add to cart it says that all of them are already in other people cart and unless they remove it it's already sold out.

My own tracker just notified me that 5800X are available to preorder from ebuyer.com in the UK - not sure if that helps and I dare not test the link as I have an account with them already and dont want to accidentally pre order another cpu :)