Question Ryzen 5000 Series --- system freezes ?

Apr 29, 2021
My build:
Asus B550-E @ v. 2006 Bios
Asus Rog Strix RTX 3070 @ stock clocks
Ryzen 7 5800x @ stock clocks
NZXT Kraken X73 360mm AIO
G. Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3400mhz/cl16
Be Quiet Straight Power 11 750w
Samsung Evo 970 M2 1TB SSD (OS)
Crucial MX500 2TB SSD

Thanks for clicking!
I've build this PC about a month ago and I've been getting random freezes ever since.
The freezes aren't tied to load. The happen during games and in idle and AFAIK they're not reproduceable.
They can happen anywhere from once every 50 hours to 3 times in a matter of 15 minutes.
The RAM is not on the QVL I know... I've tested the system with RAM from the QVL and it still froze.

Rundown of a freeze:
  1. The Monitor freezes. (Sound continues to play, I can continue to use the mouse for ~5 seconds but not click anything and RGB and fans are still running)
  2. Sound turns off, the mouse gets locked into place.
  3. Sometimes the mouse and keyboard turn off.
I then gotta restart the PC and it boots up normally.
I've already contacted ASUS, they adviced a CMOS reset which I did and which did not help.

Besides the freezes I've run into several "issues" which may or may not be related. I'm going to detail them anyway just incase.

1. A single USB stick doesnt work as intended. Sometimes its recognized, sometimes its not. If its recognized and I'm able to start a file transfer it disconnects within 60 seconds.
(The stick works on other devices perfectly fine. I tried different ports and they all didnt work. Other USB sticks are working fine however)
2. Once I set the RAM to DOCP profile settings the system doesn't boot up first try. It gets stuck at the orange DRAM LED. I then have to turn the PC off, wait a minute and then start again. It then boots up fine. (This only happens if the PC was completely cut from Power for example if I turn off the PSU.) However the system boots up just fine if I turn down the RAM frequency from 3600>3400.

Thanks for reading this textwall. I'm seriously out of ideas after replugging anything, doing a bios update and even buying new RAM.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS