Question Ryzen 5600G crashing with artefacts or black screen ?

Amstel1

Honorable
Dec 7, 2015
I built this desktop a couple of months ago and had issues with (integrated)graphics right from the start.

At first AMD's Adrenaline was reporting driver time outs and the screen would go black and come back to normal in a few seconds. I removed updated the driver, removed Adrenalin and the timeout messages along with the screen going off and on were gone, but the computer started crashing. Sometimes it just crashes and sometimes I get artefacts accompanied by a metallic sound(from speakers). Then I need to manually restart it.

So far I tried using Windows graphic drivers, removing all AMD's software, turning off HDCP support(in Adrenalie), and checking are all cables well connected, but it's still happening.

A couple of people told me it could be a hardware(CPU and iGPU) problem and people from that shop where I got it told me they'll give me another CPU as this one is still under the warranty.

Before doing that I wanted to see with you guys did anyone had such a problem with your Ryzen CPU and if so how did you solve it?
Also, what do you think the problem could be? Hardware? Software?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I didn't overclock anything nor I did anything similar. Stuff's on it's factory settings.

This is similar to the artefacts I'm getting

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I built this desktop a couple of months ago and had issues with (integrated)graphics right from the start.
You should list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

The issue you've shown via that image looks like the GPU's dead or dying. A corrupt driver shouldn't provide such horrific levels of artifacting while in BIOS. How old is the PSU in your build?

This is similar to the artefacts I'm getting

Wait, it's taken from somewhere else, not an image of what you're seeing?

Amstel1

Honorable
Dec 7, 2015
You should list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

The issue you've shown via that image looks like the GPU's dead or dying. A corrupt driver shouldn't provide such horrific levels of artifacting while in BIOS. How old is the PSU in your build?

Wait, it's taken from somewhere else, not an image of what you're seeing?

Alrighty then...

CPU: Ryzen 5600g
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO, AM4, ATX
Ram: Corsair Vengance LPX 16GB(2x8)
SSD/HDD: WD Blue SN550, M.2 2280, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe
GPU: iGPU
PSU: CORSAIR CV450, 450W, 80+ Bronze
Chassis:
Monitor: Phillips 278E

Yeah, the image is from the internet. But it's pretty much the same as what I get. Thou it changes, the artefacts are not always the same. I found a photo I took once when it happened. Here it is.

Yeah, the image is from the internet. But it's pretty much the same as what I get. Thou it changes, the artefacts are not always the same. I found a photo I took once when it happened. Here it is.
That image is from within windows.
Do you get the same artifacts in BIOS?

In windows those artifacts would signal about corrupted video drivers.
In BIOS - this would mean bad video ram (with integrated graphics - bad system ram).

Also possible overheating.

Amstel1

Honorable
Dec 7, 2015
That image is from within windows.
Do you get the same artifacts in BIOS?

Well, this is not happening right after turning it on. It's random and there is no pattern in how often I get those artifacts or a crash. So no, I didn't go to BIOS, waiting there to see will it happen or not. Is that what you're suggesting to do?

Amstel1

Honorable
Dec 7, 2015
Funny how different people have different opinions on this.

Some are saying it's a harder thing, the GPU is about to die.
Some are saying it's a software thing, AMD drivers are crap.
Some are pointing to overheating.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a hardware thing. I have removed AMD's drivers completely and it still happened on the Windows driver. The CPU is definitely not overheating.