[SOLVED] Ryzen 5600x CPU Over Temp Shutdowns but temps look fine?

Jul 20, 2021
Hi guys

Recently I have been having a lot of crashes while gaming and most of the time I won't even get a BSOD. Sometimes the system just reboots and other times I get the CPU Over Temp error when it restarts

I used HWInfo to log everything and looked at the log seconds before it crashed but can't see any high CPU, GPU or Motherboard temps. Right before crashing the highest temp was the CPU (Tctl/Tdie) [°C] at 83 Degrees

My specs are as follows

Ryzen 5600x
MSI Mag Series Coreliquid 360R
Asus ROG Strix X570-F
G.Skill Trident Z Royal Elite 3600mhz Cl14 2x16Gb
GALAX RTX 3080ti HOF
be quiet Dark Power 12 850W Titanium
Sabret Rocket 4 Plus 1Tb
Windows 11

So far I've replaced my PSU, tried a different graphics card, used different RAM both with and without XMP enabled, used -10 curve optimizer and the issue hasn't gone away.

Solution
Recently I have been having a lot of crashes while gaming and most of the time I won't even get a BSOD. Sometimes the system just reboots and other times I get the CPU Over Temp error when it restarts
CPU Voltages? Including BIOS settings... Because you can reboot if CPU lost stability because of low voltage
VRM temps? Shouldn't be high though with 5600X and such motherboard

Try to use Event monitor and look for kernel errors in system events. Then you will see if it was power shutoff or some error

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
CPU Voltages? Including BIOS settings... Because you can reboot if CPU lost stability because of low voltage
VRM temps? Shouldn't be high though with 5600X and such motherboard

Try to use Event monitor and look for kernel errors in system events. Then you will see if it was power shutoff or some error

Solution