Question Ryzen 5600x or 5800x3D with Radeon 6650XT?

May 15, 2023
I recently got a 6650XT to replace my old GTX 1060 card, however I’m only getting around 40fps on GTA 5. Looking at the task manager, I can see that my CPU usage is at 100% constantly, therefore it’s seems that I am being bottlenecked by my i5-8400 CPU. After doing some research, the 5600x seems to be one of the best value CPUs at the moment, but the 5800x3D seems to be a game changer. I am just wondering if I would benefit from the 5800x3D or would it not be worth it with my current GPU? I’m also open to other suggestions if there are any other CPUs that I should consider as I haven’t bought a new motherboard yet, however I don’t really want to upgrade to an AM5 board due to the pricing. Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting/upgrade nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Did you run DDU to remove your older GPU drivers, prior to when you dropped in the latter GPU? You're also advised to install the latest GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.