A Gamer

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2016
Hello,

I am kind of confused by my temparature and finding out if this is how it should be.

When i run Cinebench R20 my temperature can get up to 85C, this is with PBO on and no futher changed beside ASUS MOBO setting to maintain higher clockspeed for longer.

Readings CPU-Z max. 1.385v
Max Temp. 86c
Cooler. (arctic esports 34 duo) (2 front fans + 1 back fan) Max fan speed at 70C
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F

Anyone can help me explain these temps and are they okay?

If have remounted the cooler without and diffrence in C

Solution
Max Temp. 86c
Cooler. (arctic esports 34 duo) (2 front fans + 1 back fan) Max fan speed at 70C
1 exhaust fan really isn't much to clear a case. I can imagine the front fans are trapped behind a solid front panel and not able to draw air...a common scenario with all to many cases.

Remounting the cooler won't likely help but checking to make sure all attachments are evenly tightened can't hurt.

I agree to remove a side panel to see if it helps cooling. If so, you're problem is definitely case ventilation.
Looks a little high for that cooler in my opinion, but it isn't a high end air cooler and if your case airflow isn't up to much, then temps like this can occur.

Take the side off your case, if it goes cooler then you have airflow issues. If it doesn't, maybe remounting the cooler is a good idea.

Max Temp. 86c
1 exhaust fan really isn't much to clear a case. I can imagine the front fans are trapped behind a solid front panel and not able to draw air...a common scenario with all to many cases.

Remounting the cooler won't likely help but checking to make sure all attachments are evenly tightened can't hurt.

I agree to remove a side panel to see if it helps cooling. If so, you're problem is definitely case ventilation.

Solution
Hello,

I am kind of confused by my temparature and finding out if this is how it should be.

When i run Cinebench R20 my temperature can get up to 85C, this is with PBO on and no futher changed beside ASUS MOBO setting to maintain higher clockspeed for longer.

Readings CPU-Z max. 1.385v
Max Temp. 86c
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F

Anyone can help me explain these temps and are they okay?

If have remounted the cooler without and diffrence in C

I'm going to guess case airflow is the issue here as the Arctic Esports 34 duo should be plenty of cooler for a 5600x which doesn't run that hot to begin with.

Once your case airflow is resolved you can also look into using the 5600x curve optimizer with a negative offset to further reduce temps. I'd recommend watching some Utube vids on how to use it if you're not familiar with the cpu voltage curve optimizer.