Question Ryzen 5600x very low usage % while gaming.

xristosv55

Prominent
Jul 26, 2021
Rig
Ryzen 5600x (artic duo cooler, low temps)
rx 6700xt
asrock b550m steel legend
crucial 16gb 2400mhz 17cl dual channel
msi a650gf psu
everything stock

So the odd one out here is the ram, obviously, but I dont have the experience to tell if thats causing the issue.

Before i got the gpu I used a 1060 for a few weeks, and I thought that the low usage made sense since the cpu greatly outperformed it.

I should add that I used the cpu with only the 4pin psu header on the mobo because my previous psu didnt have an extra one. No issues like crashes, bluescreens or anything else though. The extra cable didnt make any difference.

Normally I wouldn't notice that something is wrong but I saw a few benchmarks and people seem to get 30+ fps on the same games, same settings.

I'm currently in the market for a new ram now, but I made this post as I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge or experience on my issue.

I will try to run some cpu benchmarks and update.

I am half sad, half worrying that i managed to mess up somehow while building after I invested most of my savings. Thanks in advance for any reply :)

xristosv55

Prominent
Jul 26, 2021
The ram is not doing you any favors. DDR4 3200 CL16 is the bare minimum, that you want. Thankfully it is pretty cheap. Did you run DDU, to remove all traces of Nvidia drivers, and download and install the latest drivers, from AMD?
So yes I used ddu and then downloaded the latest drivers straight from amd.
CPU is running on the newest drivers as well.
And also yes I understand that ram is holding back my performance.

What I dont undestand is why the usage is so low when on benchmarks I see it is around 50-60%. I run cinebench R23 and the usage maxed out normally. I don't know if I sound stupid right now but it doesnt seem normal to me.

My cinebench results are 7788 and 1492 which don't look that bad (wont stop me from getting new ram of course) and I was also working on the computer while it was running.

By the way, do you think going for higher than 3200/ 16cl ram is worth it for this cpu?

TRENDING THREADS